Miniature Griff Tannen Bat from Back to the Future II

IxMAGICx1

For some reason I really enjoy miniature props.

Last year I made this set of Mini hover boards

1a.jpg

and this mini set of Pepsi Perfect and Diet Pepsi

1b.jpg

This time around I wanted to make a static mini Slamball bat like Griff pulls on Marty at the Cafe 80's.

I fired up Fusion 360 and used the template provided by Jedifyfe

Here's what I came up with.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm satisfied with it. Time to print it.

Fresh off of my 3D printer. I decided to print the bottom piece separately so I could print it with no supports. You can't tell in this picture but the grooves in the handle printed great. My plan is to put silver paint on a piece of thread and slide it in the grooves to paint that part. Time to sand it, prime it, and paint it!

3.jpg

Roland was awesome enough to provide the Kirk Gibson logo. I used my plotter to cut the vinyl decal

4.jpg

Unfortunately because it was so small I had to go without the periods after JR and 2000. A minor detail not many people would ever notice...but now it's less accurate. Oh well, sacrifices had to be made!

Turned out great! I still hope, you start a run of miniature bats. :) Do you think you would be able to produce 1/8 scale versions of the bat or even of your other miniatures? I'm sure you would find a lot of buyers who build the EagleMoss DeLorean, which is 1/8 scale, too.

I need to figure out what size it would be at 1/8 scale. I'm not sure the decal will cut much smaller than what I currently cut and still work.

I need to figure out what size it would be at 1/8 scale. I'm not sure the decal will cut much smaller than what I currently cut and still work.

According to Brad's template the full size bat is 41 inches long. So 1/8 scale is 5 1/8 (5.125) inches for the bat and 15/16 (0.9375) inch for the sticker.

I've got a cutting plotter, too. I could try to cut it in 15/16 inch.

I’m still trying to find out the pvc sizes to make a full size one. Anyone have pvc diameters on the 4 main pieces needed? You miniature looks great btw!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back