Mini Star Wars arcade cabinet

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

nkGBwhILziajqR6hx3eRaI-CCLF&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've built my own Mame cabinet, so I'm a bit of a snob, but the quality on the other cabinets is garbage IMHO. I hope they do a lot better on this.

Yeah, Arcade1Up is showing a bunch of their new designs at E3, including new cocktail tables and a 4 player arcade TMNT!

I have my own RecRoomMasters arcade cabinet with an X-arcade Tankstick running on a PC/Xbox 360/Playstation 3 /Wii setup.

But I still bought these Arcade-1Up Centipede and Asteroids cabinets recently at Wallyworld when they went on clearance for $75 each. I added the $40 risers, which brings the height up to 5 feet. I upgraded the Asteroids cabinet spinner with a real arcade metal one, and bought the plexi covers for the arcade decks. Each cabinet has 4 arcade games.

These are actually nice home cabaret sized systems, for the casual retro gamer. IKEA style, slot and groove/screws and you're done. Easy-peasy. Tons of hacks and mods on YouTube. They are not the "crap" that some seem to represent them as. Decent emulation, licensed arcade ROMS. The controls are passable, but could stand an upgrade to Happ or Sanwa buttons and sticks.

Arcade-1Up has improved their controls on newer machines and adjusted the monitors/displays. I am VERY interested in this Star Wars version, which will have the control yoke and ANH/ESB/ROTJ licensed arcade ROMS onboard.

My next project is install the Retrobit Supercade system (with 90 licensed arcade and home console games) into one of the Arcade1up Street Fighter cabs.

Glad you like them.

At $75 it's hard to go wrong. I found the Atari spinner a deal breaker for me, not that I need one of these mini cabs. Also wasn't a fan of the on/off sound control, perhaps there is a hidden volume control.

If the yoke is quality, it would make a lot of Mame people happy.

I had so much fun playing the star wars game as a kid in the arcade, then the port to the atari 5200. this looks pretty damn good, with the yoke etc!! have not seen the actual game play tho... but it did make me smile!! :D

Used to love this as a kid, first time I stumbled on it I was 11 on a holiday to Paris. Not long after it was in our local arcade. Must have lost so many hours on it. Wonder if this will be available here in the UK?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back