Mini bust Pale-man "Pan's Labyrinth" (El Laberinto del Fauna)

falconNL

Dear members of the RPF.

Im really a Novice at sculpting, fresh out of the box, newbie etc etc. But I do have a bit experiences. Some of you may remember my first project My Human Skin Chest.http://www.therpf.com/f9/human-skin-chest-133354/

Since then I had a internship at Unreal in The Netherlands.Great Company,too bad I coudnt work on my sculpting skills, therefore im entering this contest.

One of my favorite FX artist is Arjen Tuiten. He made the Ice king in Thor, worked on Hell Boy, Twilight etc etc. But he never get recognition for one of the best horror character in years...the pale-man from El laberinto del fauno. So thought i would be cool to made a small bust of the fellow.

palemanprogresstwo.jpg

palemanprogressone.jpg

Any critic would be appreciated

Last edited:
Re: Mini bust Pale-man (El Laberinto del Fauna)

The folds of skin are looking really good! Great start :) I remember the two holes being more nostrils rather than eyeslits, though, (because the hands were the eyes) should they be lower?

This is so cool, the only thing I noticed right off in your version was - his ear looks a little large and elflike. Then maybe your cheekbones could be sharper. But that doesn't take away from the likeness, really. I'm thinking with the level of skill you have here you could take care of those details quickly though!

Thanks for the critic! The photo of MadMikee is a really good refence for the "nostrils" as well for the lower part of neck/ears. Freya, you are totally right about the ears and the cheekbones. But I do have to notice one thing: I dont really have a level of skill, to be honest this is my second real piece I ever sculpted. So things that may look easy takes me quite a bit. Thank you all for the suggestion and the critic ones more :)

I know the cheekbones and the lip look really heavy at the moment, but its really not that bad..I will try to make some daylight pictures tomorrow

p1020572q.jpg

Thanks for the critic! The photo of MadMikee is a really good refence for the "nostrils" as well for the lower part of neck/ears. Freya, you are totally right about the ears and the cheekbones. But I do have to notice one thing: I dont really have a level of skill, to be honest this is my second real piece I ever sculpted. So things that may look easy takes me quite a bit. Thank you all for the suggestion and the critic ones more :)

I know the cheekbones and the lip look really heavy at the moment, but its really not that bad..I will try to make some daylight pictures tomorrow

p1020572q.jpg

Go all custom and give it elf ears and Angeline Jolie Lips :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back