Mines of Moria Helmet

The Scrapyard K

Hi guys this is my first full post of a build, I have already posted it on my Facebook page but thats only available to friends. The build is based on the Mines of Moria helmet from The Hobbit movie "The Battle of the Five Armies". The Pepakura is featured on http://www.papercraftsquare.com/ and the paper model is created by Sergey Lvovich, it is a beautiful piece of work by Sergey, so thank you for sharing it. Here is the pep in it's raw state. I left off some of the front mouth/chin guard because I wanted a more Celtic look to the helmet.
P1000916.JPG

Last edited:
The is my update. After strengthening the inside I then decorated the outside with Craft Foam, paper mache and discs that we originally made to fit inside the cap of a bottle to prevent leakage
. P1000923.JPG
The whole helmet was then coated with 5 coats of Modge Podge amd left for a couple of days to dry. When dry the helmet recived two coats of Rust-oleum water based enamel black as a base coat for the grey primer.

P1000924.JPG

Hi guys, here is the final picture of the helmet, I used some little blue stones that I found in a craft store to give the helmet a slightly upmarket feel. The weathering will come later as I've been ask to make a Loki helmet for a friend. (It's much harder than it looks!)
P1010077.JPG

Thank to all have looked at this project esp. to Jack for commenting, cheers. On to the next, and yes, Loki is still very hard, my fault for saying "Of course I can build you one!"

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back