Mine and my wife's Voldemort and Bellatrix

Pants

G'day everyone!

Just wanted to say hi and share some photos of mine and my wife's Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange costumes! We recently went to a new local con here in the middle of Queensland, Australia called Haven Video Games and Popculture Expo. It's a great new little event that is 16+ and has alcohol, indie game previews, consoles set up (new gen and classic) and a bunch other other wicked cool things! We got a lot of love for our costumes on the night, so I thought I'd share our work on here for the first time :D

Here we are in the Fallout photobooth that a few very talented people put together for the night:
Fallout%20Booth_zpsmnieu6g5.jpg

In this one we are in the middle of the con floor. I love the green lighting caught in the photo, and the people moving next to us making it almost look like we're frozen in time:
Green%20Floor_zpsxpnxtqbg.jpg

Now for a couple of close ups! I think I'm talking to someone about my makeup in this photo, and didn't even see the photographer lurking in the shadows:
Mid%20Speech_zps8mrdf5fe.jpg

And two pre-con close ups of the make up :)
Voldey%20Selfie_zpsjzjbiouh.jpg

Bella%20Close_zpsqi3kllev.jpg

Hope you guys and gals like them :D:D

Attachments

• Bella Close.jpg
    Bella Close.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Fallout Booth.jpg
    Fallout Booth.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Green Floor.jpg
    Green Floor.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Mid Speech.jpg
    Mid Speech.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Voldey Selfie.jpg
    Voldey Selfie.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 163
You two must have had a great time scaring the bejezus out of all the little Potterite's. Fantastic work on the costume. One thing though, your Missus is entirely to cheerful and pleasant for Bellatrix Lestrange, oh well it's a cross you two will just have to bear. ;)

You two must have had a great time scaring the bejezus out of all the little Potterite's. Fantastic work on the costume. One thing though, your Missus is entirely to cheerful and pleasant for Bellatrix Lestrange, oh well it's a cross you two will just have to bear. ;)

Thank you! That is honestly the best part about getting into these haha! I've been told since the event that there were people too scared to come up and get a photo with us.

I'm truly not at all surprised. I've seen it myself at Cons I've attended, especially with the younger attendees. Can't blame them really, you totally nailed old He Who Cannot Be Named. Well done to both of you.

Oh, you both look really FANTASTIC! That Voldemort makeup looks daunting...how long did it take to put on?

Thank you! :D That time took about 3 and a half hours, which is about the average time for it. It can take up to 5 hours depending on weather though... As we all know, glue and paint don't like to dry if it's raining :lol

Very well done the both of you!
Is your Voldemort a full head mask or prosthetics? It looks incredible!

Very well done the both of you!
Is your Voldemort a full head mask or prosthetics? It looks incredible!

It's actually a bald cap and prosthetic mask :D
40F2FE16-09C7-4309-AB73-FCAC99C8BD05_zpswixpwaog.jpg

Here's what we look like before the transformation haha
5A71734D-20BF-4168-B1FE-C2D972C62B28_zpsenlo4nbw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I can appreciate even more how long you require to get ready, having done a few appliances myself...great job branding your edges too!

Nice! I can appreciate even more how long you require to get ready, having done a few appliances myself...great job branding your edges too!
thats about the only thing I actually did for the make up haha. Apart from putting the contacts in :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back