Millennium Falcon Reference photos

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys. I’ve been searching and have been having trouble finding a nice set of original falcon reference photos for my model paint job. I’ve searched the forum and haven’t found anything consolidated. Is there a a good source around?

It should be noted the reference images from Jake88 and turambar feature the original 5 foot model built for Star Wars. The link Gans posted (Sydney 2019) is the 32" filming minature built for The Empire Strikes Back.

Does anyone have a link to the anh version exterior and interior reference photos. Just starting my diagostini millennium falcon

There are few colour high-rez shots of the ANH model. There are the black and white ones, apparently taken by Dennis Muren in 1978, that were taken square-on. Many of these are excellent, though the ones at funny angles have problems with depth of field. Some of these were republished in the Japanese Chronicles book, which is great.

There are also tons of digital photos taken by enthusiasts at exhibitions. These are extremely high-rez - they're just of the post-ESB five foot Falcon which has experienced some damage over the years, in addition to the ESB modifications.

Between the two you can get a pretty decent view of what the ship looked like in 1977. Just not perfect. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back