Millennium Falcon Display Room

the Pawn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm having Tracy Witts build a replica of the Millennium Falcon cargo hold to go with Phillip's holochess table. The room will replicate the ESB version of the Falcom cargo hold and used to display my Master Replica and eFx weapon replica collection.

Here's a photo of the WIP bench.

Last edited:
Re: Millinieum Falcon Display Room

This is going to be epic and outstanding! I can't wait to see progress pics and the finished product!! Great stuff!!

There's a member here who's building a "smuggler themed" room in his basement that this would look awesome in! You two should get together and share ideas. I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Keep us posted!

I never really thought of that area as a cargo hold, but I guess it is.

Excellent work. That will be an exciting bit of decor.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

I'm going to be watching this very. Intently.

Jealousy levels quickly approaching 9000...

Its going along slowly and we are using the blueprints from Rinzler Book. Working on the cusions for the bench which is taking a lot or time.

I love the Falcon, but it's never struck me as an efficient cargo vessel. Is it possible the Corellians were the Studebakers of their time?

Here's a few photos my friend Tracy sent me of his progress, and a couple answers...

Every bit of reference possible is being used for the design. Though the seating is hard sculpted in the movie, this is padded with automotive vinyl on the surface. Each individual piece is being shaped, padded and upholstered, with many strings that will be used to pull it into the supporting structure and more padding. There are about 150 of these individual pieces to make up the seating pads.

falconset3.jpg

falconset5.jpg

falconset2.jpg

falconset1.jpg

falconset4.jpg

You could easily build an instructable if you keep taking lots of pictures. I'm sure it would make a huge splash!

Neat idea. Is this seating area the entirety of the project, or one part of what will be a "whole room" of Falcon?

Edit: Ah, nevermind. I didn't see that this page loaded from post #13, so the info was given in the initial post...

Last edited:

very nice work! upholstery is my profession, very cool :) I'm curious as to how you got the bent pieces, do you team bend em or was it laminated to a form?

I'm building one of my Holochess Tables for the OP (the pawn). He had always wanted a themed room like mine, so I put him in touch with my friend Tracy, who is doing the work now between his normal furniture projects. Tracy can build anything, so this is a fun challenge for him.

It's the beginning of a number of projects he will be doing. This one so the chess table has a nice place to sit in the pawn's building.

And yes, Tracy told me he's already past 15k staples and not done yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back