Milk's "Hellbreed" Started

Milk1

I finally got some time to get started on Narin's new Hellbreed Kit. The head seamed a little small to me, so I decided to make it a little bigger. I had to make a silicone mold of the head and then soke it in paint thinner to enlarge the mold. Then cast a new head in resin. It was not easy, but I got some pretty good results. No I am not selling or making anymore heads, just the one for myself. I also added some new teeth from a hot toys berserker and some extra sculpting details. It is not 100% ready for paint yet. I just need to fill some seems and then onto the paint.

hellbreed001.jpg.gif

hellbreed002.jpg.gif

hellbreed003.jpg.gif

hellbreed004.jpg.gif

hellbreed005.jpg.gif

Man, thats ambitious of you but nice job! Great to see the progress pics. Personally I like the head size as is on the kit but I think a tad bigger also works fine.

Casey

Thanks guys. I know it was like cutting up a piece of art, but I am building it for myself and really wanted to make it better in my eyes. I filled more seems today, so primer tomorrow and paint on the weekend.
I only soaked the mold for about 12 hours. It was really hard to get it cleaned out enough, so that the excess thinner didn't melt the resin. It also increased the amount of air bubbles in the casting.

Worked on the Predalien today. It still needs some more aibrushing, but it is getting there. I will have some more pics of the Pred progress tomorrow.
hellbreed2001.jpg

hellbreed2002.jpg

hellbreed2003.jpg

hellbreed2004.jpg

Here are some more pics. I wanted the Pred to stand out from the predalien, so I went with different colors. I should start painting the armor tomorrow.
hellbreed3003.jpg

hellbreed3002.jpg

hellbreed3001.jpg

hellbreed3004.jpg

hellbreed3005.jpg

hellbreed3006.jpg

hellbreed3007.jpg

hellbreed3008.jpg

WOW! customized and already started painting in a week. I can't seem to get past pinning and prepping in that time.
Keep posting the progress.

John

WOW! customized and already started painting in a week. I can't seem to get past pinning and prepping in that time.
Keep posting the progress.

John

Hey, you and me both, John! I haven't done anything besides sand and resculpt since I got my Hellbreed. I generally go for broke with all my pieces: no seamlines, no pinholes, no airholes, and no pieces that don't fit perfectly. And it's only getting worse with every piece I do! lol

As for this piece, I agree with everyone as far as removing the head and all, but if that's what works for you, then more power to you, man! Whatever you need to do to get the piece looking exactly the way you want to, you go right ahead and do it.

The paintwork is looking pretty good! I'm a little bummed out, though, because I was planning on doing something kind of similar with the pred on mine: red striping/patterning on top of a yellowish skin-tone. I think it'll look different enough that people don't think I tried to rip you off, though, lol. At least, I hope so...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back