Milano Starship Replica

Dave71

Hello.
I‘ve been searching the internet for a Milano Starship replica for a long time now. Found plenty of 3-D print templates but not a completed one for sale. Yesterday I came across this site where it was mentioned that a company called Imaginarium Art had made some. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone knew where I could track one down and/or who makes them as commissioned pieces. Thank you!

Hello.
I‘ve been searching the internet for a Milano Starship replica for a long time now. Found plenty of 3-D print templates but not a completed one for sale. Yesterday I came across this site where it was mentioned that a company called Imaginarium Art had made some. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone knew where I could track one down and/or who makes them as commissioned pieces. Thank you!
Anyone?

Well Quantum Mechanix was going to do a studio scale but nothing ever came of it. Fantastic Plastic offers a model kit 1:144 scale not sure if that something of interest. If you go the 3D printed ship on a larger scale it’s going to cost you lots. Here is a link from back 2016 Link: SDCC 2016: Quantum Mechanix | Figures.com

Hopefully you find more info on what your looking for sorry couldn’t be of more help.

E92442D8-7B2D-46AF-B0D1-B623FAF58D97.jpeg

Well Quantum Mechanix was going to do a studio scale but nothing ever came of it. Fantastic Plastic offers a model kit 1:144 scale not sure if that something of interest. If you go the 3D printed ship on a larger scale it’s going to cost you lots. Here is a link from back 2016 Link: SDCC 2016: Quantum Mechanix | Figures.com

Hopefully you find more info on what your looking for sorry couldn’t be of more help.

View attachment 1329598
Thank you. I’d love to find someone that could 3-d print one just like this. This is the image that started my search. :). Appreciate the reply.

Hello. Would you consider making one for sale?

Maybe, I am printing 1 set at the moment, that will take 30 Hours, and that is just 1/3 of the parts.
I am trying to print the largest part as big as possible, to make the complete model big. Just the 2 main body parts are 36cm wide :)

We'll see how the parts come out and how much resin I need to print everything.
Some parts need to be printed in clear material.

I also had to repair some areas, they were not optimal for resin printing, even though the files say they are, with inclusions in the model that would seal uncured resin.

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 23.28.53.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe, I am printing 1 set at the moment, that will take 30 Hours, and that is just 1/3 of the parts.
I am trying to print the largest part as big as possible, to make the complete model big. Just the 2 main body parts are 36 wide :)

We'll see how the parts come out and how much resin I need to print everything.
Some parts need to be printed in clear material.

I also had to repair some areas, they were not optimal for resin printing, even though the files say they are, with inclusions in the model that would seal uncured resin.

View attachment 1330455
The scale sounds perfect at roughly 4 feet across. Appreciate your information and would love to stay in touch as you continue to build. Thanks!

One side of the main body printed pretty good, I have 1 wobble line that probably can be sanded away.
I reckon the scale after I enlarged the parts is around 1/87 scale.

Does anybody know a good reference for the decals or where I can have them made ?

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 216
Its looks great!! Your printer is doing a cool job on the parts 1kg of resin say alot as well. I will have to look into getting one printed as well. Dave 71 hunting for one. I wish QMX would have followed through on theirs. Oh well someone loss is another gains good on you Xeno thanks for sharing the pics. Will be watching this one no doubt!

Its looks great!! Your printer is doing a cool job on the parts 1kg of resin say alot as well. I will have to look into getting one printed as well. Dave 71 hunting for one. I wish QMX would have followed through on theirs. Oh well someone loss is another gains good on you Xeno thanks for sharing the pics. Will be watching this one no doubt!
Agreed! There are enough fans of the movie to sell a replica like this easily! Hoping that someone has a contact that can build, decal, and paint one for sale. I’m more than willing to pay.

Current state of the Milano, all the wings are fitted, with some some sanding, the top wings are printed with the hinges attached, as they would probably fall down otherwise.

I am also experimenting with a transparent printed cockpit shell, as the small separate windows are very hard to print , with some clear lacquer it becomes pretty clear.

Printed the stand that came with the files, just for assembly and testing, this will be a wall mounted model when it is finished.

Next will be adjusting some details, as they were very simplified on the model, will be drawing and printing them in the next few days :)

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

Current state of the Milano, all the wings are fitted, with some some sanding, the top wings are printed with the hinges attached, as they would probably fall down otherwise.

I am also experimenting with a transparent printed cockpit shell, as the small separate windows are very hard to print , with some clear lacquer it becomes pretty clear.

Printed the stand that came with the files, just for assembly and testing, this will be a wall mounted model when it is finished.

Next will be adjusting some details, as they were very simplified on the model, will be drawing and printing them in the next few days :)

View attachment 1333525

View attachment 1333526

View attachment 1333527
Wow! It is coming along very nicely!

Xeno outstanding work on the assembling wall mounted model. The Milano in flight comes to mind look forward to seeing it. Look forward to seeing your finished solution to the cockpit. As for Dave71 I agree fans will be willing to buy the Milano since QMX has made no release time frame on their version. The QMX Milano will cost even higher obviously totally worth cost if they ever mass produce it.

One side of the main body printed pretty good, I have 1 wobble line that probably can be sanded away.
I reckon the scale after I enlarged the parts is around 1/87 scale.

Does anybody know a good reference for the decals or where I can have them made ?

Flightline also do waterslide, but been a while since i worked with them, so not sure if they are still in business. 4D modelshop multicoloured drytransfers are costly, even the A5 ones.

Maybe print them yourself ?

Besides that, nice print. The Milano is a fav. Small info tidbit... The canopy build for the full size Milano set, was repurposed as the canopy for the Benatar, albeit at a different more steeper angle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back