Mike Moore (HMS) will be at Inconjuction prop party

Fyberdyne Labs

Mike Moore is a guess of Inconjuction this coming year. The web Is InConJunction XXXII - SF&F Convention - July 6 - 8, 2012 I talked to Mike we would like to have a prop party at the convention. It is in the early stages of planning. The convention is will to give us a room, table, chairs and security. We will be able to lock the room at the end of the day.
Fyberdyne Laboratories is also a guess this year so Thermalized Plastic here on the RPF and myself will be there.We are planning on doing alot of costuming so it should be a great weekend.So if you are looking for a prop party-Sci Fi, meet a real prop guy convention here is your change.
Inconjuction also has a Charity Auction that in the past has had some cool stuff like: Master Replicas FX light saber, MR artist proof Return of the sith Darth Vader helmet. Fyberdyne has donated a Vader Helmet and Fiberglass Captain America sheild and Dr. Fate helmet. Thermilized Plastic has giving us something every year like A big size Spindrif,one eye willie bone key and lots more. I am not sure what we are going to have this year but it should be great
There usally is alot of programming. thermal and I do a prop panel where we build something or do vaccume forming. So there is a lot to do.
Post if you might be interested.
Mark

Last edited:
Re: Mike Moore will be at Inconjuction prop party

Ok I have fixed the typo In the above post It should have been: We can lock the room at night. Also be side convention security usually one of us hang out to watch our stuff.
Ok some more info is hotel room are $99.00 for a single, double, triple or quad. And there is a LaQuita just across the parking lot at $69 a night. It is a 22.8 yard walk from door to door. It is acctully closer then the front of the hotel the convention is in.
Mark

Absolutly, You caan come and just hang out. Beside I usually have stuff to trade.Also we have not decided what we will be making in the prop panel. You could come home with a prop. Thermal and I have a panel that you make a prop before tthe panel is over.
Mike Moore will be at the convention and he usually sits in. We will include him on the decision. Juno helpped out last year because Thermal couldn't be there. She brought a bunch of epoxy putty and gave it away.
Mark

Would anyone be interested in a Fiberglass panel? Edward in the group has in the past did a step by step hand layed fiberglass panel. from model to mold to finish product. He will lay the glass in the panel Outside ofcourse.
Mark

Oneye
I sorry you fell that way. I don't know you but I am sure you are a nice guy. I am sure you don't now me. My name is Mark I have been a member of this board way back to the AOL days. I am a member of Fyberdyne Laboratoies. That is a costuming group that predate the 501st or the reble allance costuming group. I have made or been apart of making many prop.Our group have credit for work in the Star Wars visual dictioary. Also credit on the One of Dc comic Ironman helmet. I am 50 years old. I have Muscular Distrophy. In the case of my MD life expectionancy is on adverage 55 years. I enjoy this board. It helped me just a few months ago when I broke my shoulder in a fall. This post was to help support our convention. Where I might get a chance to meet some of the guys and girls on this board. I could pass on what I have learn about prop contruction, molding and finishing. I am sorry you can't stand Mike, but he is a big resorce when it comes to props. He has created alot of what people have in thier collection. Also Mr.Moore has photographed a huge number of screen useed prop. Also he has prototyped a number of collectable prop for the replica companies.I also feel the need to say he is a good friend of mine. He has donated $1000s of dollar in screen used props for our charity auction. He also had some of the people he has worked with to donate $1000s of dollars of product for our charity auction. He is also a part of restoring a few prop from famous TV show and movies.
I would enjoy having a new friend so if you were to join us at Inconjunction we will try to show you a good time. If not if we meet at a covention, Worldcon, Dagoncon or Gencon I would love to buy your a drink or pop of your choice.
Thanks for reading
Life is short would like to meet all of you.
Mark

Hey Mark I'm in complete agreement with everything you said, I'd like to meet everyone from the RPF that I could... but unfortunately my schedule doesn't have room unless RPFer's visit Southern CA!

Oneye
I sorry you fell that way. I don't know you but I am sure you are a nice guy. I am sure you don't now me. My name is Mark I have been a member of this board way back to the AOL days. I am a member of Fyberdyne Laboratoies. That is a costuming group that predate the 501st or the reble allance costuming group. I have made or been apart of making many prop.Our group have credit for work in the Star Wars visual dictioary. Also credit on the One of Dc comic Ironman helmet. I am 50 years old. I have Muscular Distrophy. In the case of my MD life expectionancy is on adverage 55 years. I enjoy this board. It helped me just a few months ago when I broke my shoulder in a fall. This post was to help support our convention. Where I might get a chance to meet some of the guys and girls on this board. I could pass on what I have learn about prop contruction, molding and finishing. I am sorry you can't stand Mike, but he is a big resorce when it comes to props. He has created alot of what people have in thier collection. Also Mr.Moore has photographed a huge number of screen useed prop. Also he has prototyped a number of collectable prop for the replica companies.I also feel the need to say he is a good friend of mine. He has donated $1000s of dollar in screen used props for our charity auction. He also had some of the people he has worked with to donate $1000s of dollars of product for our charity auction. He is also a part of restoring a few prop from famous TV show and movies.
I would enjoy having a new friend so if you were to join us at Inconjunction we will try to show you a good time. If not if we meet at a covention, Worldcon, Dagoncon or Gencon I would love to buy your a drink or pop of your choice.
Thanks for reading
Life is short would like to meet all of you.
Mark

I like Michael Moore....I think what he does is essential. You may disagree with his perspective or opinion on any given matter but raising questions and bringing awareness to an issue should never be a negative thing.

If I were closer, I'd go....if only to meet Mr. Moore.

I like Michael Moore....I think what he does is essential. You may disagree with his perspective or opinion on any given matter but raising questions and bringing awareness to an issue should never be a negative thing.

If I were closer, I'd go....if only to meet Mr. Moore.

^ Agreed.....but I don't think we're talking about the same Michael Moore vs. Mike Moore....

Ok, For the record I am talking about Mike Moore(HMS Mike here on the board) of HMS creative production. They made the props for Star Trek TNG, Deep Space 9, Voyager, Teenage mutunt Turtles and lots and lots of other TV and Movies. He and his guy are repondsable for the Phaser,Tricorder,alein weapons and so on. (Not and I repeat not Micheal Moore the documentary film maker guy) I don't know why he would be at a SCI Fi convention.
And my offer still stands Oneye.
Thanks guys
Mark

I have never met a more helpful and sharing guy in the Hobby than Michael Moore. I met him and Steve Horch many years ago at Cons (still chat on the phone with him occasionally) when HMS came into being, they always treated me with respect and never failed to answer the many "Fanboy" questions I as well as so many others had about the props at the time. I consider the props I bought from these guys to be among the jewels of my collection, for me it's as much as the guy or guys behind the design and build of these wonderful toys as it is about the toys themselves.

Roger Manley

^ Agreed.....but I don't think we're talking about the same Michael Moore vs. Mike Moore....

Well don't I have egg on my face!

When I read the post, I thought for a moment that I had confused the identity until I read post #6.

He's a positive thing to have at an event? Huh, go figure. Can't stand him.

Oh well....my apologies to HMS Mike for any mix up!

ngvtiw.jpg

I thought you meant the guy above. I apologize I was thinking of the wrong person.

I will hide my head in shame and self-impose a suspension until I am forgiven for my being an ass. :( :$

I love Mark AND Mike Moore (HMS Mike, that is!) AND I will be at the prop party / Incon!

Hey no egg needed, I assume everyone knew who I was talking about. Mike is a member of this board but he doesn't post a lot. I just thought everyone knew him. So no one was hurt and now it is cleared up.Mike is a super guy and a lot of fun. He knows prop and doesn't mind sharing so come and have fun. I know I will.
Juno can't wait to see you.
Mark

One Eye? He's a nice guy? Huh...go figure. I can't stand him myself.

It's this guy right?

Mike-wazowski.jpg

:lol

Jedifyfe,

I deserve a few minutes of
slap.gif
. I feel like I did this
RunIntoWall.gif

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back