Mike Moore (HMS) will be at Inconjuction prop party

Discussion in 'Conventions and Prop Parties' started by Fyberdyne Labs, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Fyberdyne Labs

Fyberdyne Labs Well-Known Member

Mike Moore is a guess of Inconjuction this coming year. The web Is InConJunction XXXII - SF&F Convention - July 6 - 8, 2012 I talked to Mike we would like to have a prop party at the convention. It is in the early stages of planning. The convention is will to give us a room, table, chairs and security. We will be able to lock the room at the end of the day.
    Fyberdyne Laboratories is also a guess this year so Thermalized Plastic here on the RPF and myself will be there.We are planning on doing alot of costuming so it should be a great weekend.So if you are looking for a prop party-Sci Fi, meet a real prop guy convention here is your change.
    Inconjuction also has a Charity Auction that in the past has had some cool stuff like: Master Replicas FX light saber, MR artist proof Return of the sith Darth Vader helmet. Fyberdyne has donated a Vader Helmet and Fiberglass Captain America sheild and Dr. Fate helmet. Thermilized Plastic has giving us something every year like A big size Spindrif,one eye willie bone key and lots more. I am not sure what we are going to have this year but it should be great
    There usally is alot of programming. thermal and I do a prop panel where we build something or do vaccume forming. So there is a lot to do.
    Post if you might be interested.
    Mark

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. Fyberdyne Labs

Re: Mike Moore will be at Inconjuction prop party

Ok I have fixed the typo In the above post It should have been: We can lock the room at night. Also be side convention security usually one of us hang out to watch our stuff.
    Ok some more info is hotel room are $99.00 for a single, double, triple or quad. And there is a LaQuita just across the parking lot at $69 a night. It is a 22.8 yard walk from door to door. It is acctully closer then the front of the hotel the convention is in.
    Mark

Roger Ramjet likes this.
  3. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

Can I still come if I have no props to bring?

4. Fyberdyne Labs

Absolutly, You caan come and just hang out. Beside I usually have stuff to trade.Also we have not decided what we will be making in the prop panel. You could come home with a prop. Thermal and I have a panel that you make a prop before tthe panel is over.
    Mike Moore will be at the convention and he usually sits in. We will include him on the decision. Juno helpped out last year because Thermal couldn't be there. She brought a bunch of epoxy putty and gave it away.
    Mark

5. Fyberdyne Labs

Would anyone be interested in a Fiberglass panel? Edward in the group has in the past did a step by step hand layed fiberglass panel. from model to mold to finish product. He will lay the glass in the panel Outside ofcourse.
    Mark

6. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

7. Fyberdyne Labs

Oneye
    I sorry you fell that way. I don't know you but I am sure you are a nice guy. I am sure you don't now me. My name is Mark I have been a member of this board way back to the AOL days. I am a member of Fyberdyne Laboratoies. That is a costuming group that predate the 501st or the reble allance costuming group. I have made or been apart of making many prop.Our group have credit for work in the Star Wars visual dictioary. Also credit on the One of Dc comic Ironman helmet. I am 50 years old. I have Muscular Distrophy. In the case of my MD life expectionancy is on adverage 55 years. I enjoy this board. It helped me just a few months ago when I broke my shoulder in a fall. This post was to help support our convention. Where I might get a chance to meet some of the guys and girls on this board. I could pass on what I have learn about prop contruction, molding and finishing. I am sorry you can't stand Mike, but he is a big resorce when it comes to props. He has created alot of what people have in thier collection. Also Mr.Moore has photographed a huge number of screen useed prop. Also he has prototyped a number of collectable prop for the replica companies.I also feel the need to say he is a good friend of mine. He has donated $1000s of dollar in screen used props for our charity auction. He also had some of the people he has worked with to donate $1000s of dollars of product for our charity auction. He is also a part of restoring a few prop from famous TV show and movies.
    I would enjoy having a new friend so if you were to join us at Inconjunction we will try to show you a good time. If not if we meet at a covention, Worldcon, Dagoncon or Gencon I would love to buy your a drink or pop of your choice.
    Thanks for reading
    Life is short would like to meet all of you.
    Mark

8. propsculptor

propsculptor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Mark I'm in complete agreement with everything you said, I'd like to meet everyone from the RPF that I could... but unfortunately my schedule doesn't have room unless RPFer's visit Southern CA!

9. USS Endeav

USS Endeav Well-Known Member

I like Michael Moore....I think what he does is essential. You may disagree with his perspective or opinion on any given matter but raising questions and bringing awareness to an issue should never be a negative thing.

If I were closer, I'd go....if only to meet Mr. Moore.

10. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

^ Agreed.....but I don't think we're talking about the same Michael Moore vs. Mike Moore....

11. Fyberdyne Labs

Ok, For the record I am talking about Mike Moore(HMS Mike here on the board) of HMS creative production. They made the props for Star Trek TNG, Deep Space 9, Voyager, Teenage mutunt Turtles and lots and lots of other TV and Movies. He and his guy are repondsable for the Phaser,Tricorder,alein weapons and so on. (Not and I repeat not Micheal Moore the documentary film maker guy) I don't know why he would be at a SCI Fi convention.
    And my offer still stands Oneye.
    Thanks guys
    Mark

12. Fyberdyne Labs

13. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

I have never met a more helpful and sharing guy in the Hobby than Michael Moore. I met him and Steve Horch many years ago at Cons (still chat on the phone with him occasionally) when HMS came into being, they always treated me with respect and never failed to answer the many "Fanboy" questions I as well as so many others had about the props at the time. I consider the props I bought from these guys to be among the jewels of my collection, for me it's as much as the guy or guys behind the design and build of these wonderful toys as it is about the toys themselves.

Roger Manley

14. USS Endeav

USS Endeav Well-Known Member

Well don't I have egg on my face!

When I read the post, I thought for a moment that I had confused the identity until I read post #6.

Oh well....my apologies to HMS Mike for any mix up!

15. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

[​IMG]

I thought you meant the guy above. I apologize I was thinking of the wrong person.

I will hide my head in shame and self-impose a suspension until I am forgiven for my being an *. :( :$

16. juno

juno Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I love Mark AND Mike Moore (HMS Mike, that is!) AND I will be at the prop party / Incon!

17. Fyberdyne Labs

Hey no egg needed, I assume everyone knew who I was talking about. Mike is a member of this board but he doesn't post a lot. I just thought everyone knew him. So no one was hurt and now it is cleared up.Mike is a super guy and a lot of fun. He knows prop and doesn't mind sharing so come and have fun. I know I will.
    Juno can't wait to see you.
    Mark

ONEYE likes this.
  18. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

Thank you. [​IMG]

19. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

One Eye? He's a nice guy? Huh...go figure. I can't stand him myself.

It's this guy right?

[​IMG]

:lol

ONEYE likes this.
  20. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

Jedifyfe,

I deserve a few minutes of [​IMG]. I feel like I did this [​IMG]

21. Fyberdyne Labs

Oneye
    That is funny but not needed.
    Thaks
    Mark

22. Fyberdyne Labs

Ok Fiberglass panel? I posted:
    Would anyone be interested in a Fiberglass panel? Edward in the group has in the past did a step by step hand layed fiberglass panel. from model to mold to finish product. He will lay the glass in the panel Outside ofcourse.
    Mark

23. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Hey Mark, I'll plan to be there :)
    What are you going to fiberglass?

I've never met Mike before and am looking forward to that :)
    And seeing you of course :)

And Juno and Mike (Thermal)...and well every one else I know in the area :) FHC are you listening?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  24. Fyberdyne Labs

Sporak
    I do not know. I will talk to ed this month and get an ideal what he would like to work on. Then let evry one know.
    Mark

25. Fyberdyne Labs

Ok Edward did a Snowtrooper chest plate the last panel. He laymenated a mold then pop a part from the mold. He showed how we created the master then cast the mold.It is a lot of info to take in. We (the group) might do a vaccum form panel as well.
    Mark

26. Fyberdyne Labs

I havn't talked to Mr. Moore because he is out of the country. But since this is still in the planning stages what would you like to see. Here is your chance to help plan a prop party/ convention programming. I had mention the possible vaccume form panel and Fiberglass panel. What else might be interesting?

27. juno

juno Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Honestly, I'd love to see Mike do something on puppetry. Maybe in addition to the prop panel?

28. Fyberdyne Labs

Thanks Juno, I will ask him. I tried to get Gordon Smuther to come he and Mike are great puppet builders but he is busy with a con in his area that weekend. Great Ideal
    Mark

29. Fyberdyne Labs

Anything else people would like to see. We have a couple vaccume form machines. If some one want to create a mold or test one. We could do that. I was hopling to get away with taking the 12" x 12" machine. We can take mine 21" x 14".

30. Fyberdyne Labs

Ok So a fiberglass panel, vaccume form panel and maybe a puppet making panel. Anything else? With in reason.
    Mark

31. HMS Mike

HMS Mike Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    So who is going?

HMS Mike

32. Fyberdyne Labs

Thanks HMS Mike I was just looking for this thead! So it is a Convention and we will have space all weekend to do and show prop stuff.
    Mark

33. Thermalized Plastics

Thermalized Plastics Well-Known Member

Hey Mike! Can't wait to see you. It's been along time.. If you want you can run with the Fyber guys?:rolleyes

See you soon,
    Mike/thermal:lol

34. Fyberdyne Labs

I can't hardly wait either. As Thermal and I costuming group would be there as guess also. That is Fyberdyne Laboratories which includes: Edward, Bob,Webber,Tony, Leman, Mike(Thermal) and myself will be there.
    Thanks for reading
    Mark

35. HMS Mike

Hi Guys,
    So I will be bringing a cd/dvd book full of prop ref. as well as at least one puppet. Is there some thing that some one wants to see space permitting.

HMS Mike

36. Fyberdyne Labs

Mike, we have a good size room. Now I want to know what you are bringing. Oh that iks not fare.
    Mark

37. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

I am hoping to drive down for the day. Family will dictate that. I would love to meet a few of you guys.

38. HMS Mike

I ment in my bags.

HMS Mike

39. Fyberdyne Labs

Yeah, Mike I read your post wrong. But this time I am blaming it on the brain surgery...Yeah that's it.
    Mark

40. Fyberdyne Labs

Thank you Amish Trooper make sure you say hi.
    Mark

41. Fyberdyne Labs

Any one else thinking about coming?

42. HMS Mike

Hi Mark,
    I think I will bring a few things to trade if I can get them in my bag.

HMS Mike

43. Fyberdyne Labs

There go guys go Mike might bring trade stuff. I know he is not going to trade with me so it must be for you guy.
    Mark

44. mummycop

mummycop New Member

Pretty good detective work. I work in a hardware store and most keys are nickel coated brass these days, so when you buff them down you can get some orange color showing through. Shine goes down through buffing too.

45. Fyberdyne Labs

mummycop
    You might have posted that in the wrong thread. But hey welcome.

46. Fyberdyne Labs

Ok some of you guy missed a great time. Mike Moore stay most of the convention in the prop room. He brough 3 screen used Tricorders. A bunch of Star trek stuff. Also for the puppet lovers his full size Foozzy Bear. We had a Vaccum form and Fiberglas panel right in the prop room. Big thanks to Mike Moore! A great guy anfd good friend! There sould be pictures up soon here or on the Inconjunction page.
    Thanks for reading
    Mark

47. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

Sorry I missed you guys this year. Hope you all had a great time.