Midwest Comic Book Association FallCon

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Elkman

I got the chance last Saturday to photobomb a group of superheroines at a comic convention at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds:

The Midwest Comic Book Association FallCon is a small comic convention held in a building at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. It's nowhere near the size of SDCC or NYCC, but it's fun anyway. I got there and suited up right around 10 AM, when they were ready to open the doors, so I decided to entertain some people in the block-long line to get in. Once everyone was in, I went into the building and wandered around the convention floor. Chris (Cougar184 here) was also in his Predator suit:

Chris eventually changed out of his Predator suit and into his Iron Man suit, though, because his gauntlets were cutting off circulation to his arms. I had a few choice words with him about that:
OK, we weren't arguing. We were just posing.

Most of the costumed superheroes and superheroines there were from the Minnesota Superheroes United, an organization of superheroes and supervillians who do charity appearances, visit kids in the hospital, march in parades, and appear at conventions. I'm not officially a member of the group, since the Predator isn't really a superhero or a foe to a superhero, but I did get to pose with them in the afternoon:

(And someone should have moved me a little closer into the group there. I just didn't want to run into the electrical box.)

Oh, and later in the evening, I met up with Travis (Tsurabisu here) and showed him my suit. He's planning to build a Predator suit of his own. He has an interesting concept, the Shredator, which will be influenced by the Shredder character from TMNT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fohammer

Chris eventually changed out of his Predator suit and into his Iron Man suit, though, because his gauntlets were cutting off circulation to his arms. I had a few choice words with him about that:
As long as the Adrenaline is flowing strong you'll be aight. :)

Acecard1984

WOW u guys in America get to do all that stuff(charity, dress ups, etc), over here in Australia if i went dressed up like Predator they'd throw me in the loony bin or lock me up for scaring the crap out of kids lmao..

I hope you had a good time tho

Predagirl

What a blast! I love small cons like this. Although im sure id love comiccon too if i ever had the chance to go!