Midsommar (Post-release)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

What did you think of Midsommar?

• It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

d_jedi1

Sr Member
While I didn't really care for Hereditary, I loved this one.
My wife, however HATED it.
I'll honestly say that it telegraphs EVERYTHING but I didn't mind that.
There were parts that I found hilarious that I'm not sure were intended to BE hilarious... but there they were.
To me, it was a great flick. Just not one that's gonna be for everyone.

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There were parts that I found hilarious that I'm not sure were intended to BE hilarious... but there they were.

I know EXACTLY the scene you're talking about. Like it was intended to be creepy but was just so awkward. The whole audience was laughing out loud.
I really liked it as a film. To me it wasn't a horror movie. I don't really know what I'd call it. creepy, horrifying, disturbing, funny, beautiful, interesting, sad, the whole nine.

DarthWilder

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah, not a horror movie... more like attending an occult ritual. Which I do not find fun.

Last edited:

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Haven't seen it, just funny as a Swede to see a Movie like this, with a Swedish title :p
"Midsommar" means Midsummer/Midsummer's day. Big holiday in Sweden. A very big holiday here in Scandinavia.