Microflame Torch

ardyjo

Microflame Torch aka Jawa Welder, Micro Welder/Torch, Jawa Torch, Hand Welder etc.
Previously identified as a unaltered Microflame Torch/ hand welder used in the movie.

Seen in Star Wars A New Hope- used by Jawas to weld on R2s restraining bolt & by Luke Skywalker making repairs on C3-PO.

I identified screen used welder as Standard/unmarked model Part No. 1000 gold metal- appearing in 1974-1976 RadioShack catalogs. Similar to the Model B version, but did not identify "Model B" text in the screen shots.

Just sharing my 3-D replica build and pictures of the actual welder I obtained. Includes custom stickers.
STL files via Straeker on Thingiverse, re-scaled parts significantly.

Welder images, catalog appearance and research compiled on the webpage below:
Microflame Torch — DESERT SCUM

Attachments

• Microflame2.jpg
    Microflame2.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 430
  • Microflame1.jpg
    Microflame1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 470
  • Microflame Replica vs Real.jpg
    Microflame Replica vs Real.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 399
I bought one of those for my Dad in the early 70s, I found it last week. With Radio Shack gone, I don't know if you could find new fuel cylinders for it. I don't know which model it was, but it was used a a prop in "The Return of the Man From U.N.C.L.E.". They had it hidden behind a large belt buckle. Nothing suspicious about a Spy with a huge, thick belt buckle. :lol:

David.

Awesome! thanks for sharing an alternate movie they were in... they are neat little devices.
Yea I don't believe the micro cylinders are in production anymore, tracking the torch up til 1999 in the catalogs.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back