Micheal Keaton back has Batman???

In the Flashpoint comics (and the Flashpoint movie that ALREADY EXISTS)...
the alternate-timeline Batman was Thomas Wayne, Bruce's father. Bruce was shot in the alley, Thomas became Batman, and Martha became the Joker. Bat-Dad used guns, notably the one used to kill Bruce. But my problem is that they already cast Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the part for the DCEU movies. If they want a good Thomas Wayne Batman, casting Negan would be better than the wink-wink to the audience of a Keaton Batman.
Casting Keaton as Old Batman makes me think they're going to try a Batman Beyond thing, based on the Burton-verse. If they're doing alternate realities, I REALLY want a Batman ('66) Beyond. It would take place 50 years after the 1966 series, with similar humor, silliness, and production designs, but also with a slightly darker tone for 2016
I was at WB in 2010 when there was a small internal push for a live action Batman Beyond film. The idea back then was to have Clint Eastwood play Bruce Wayne.

Some official concept art

E99BEC9B-5DB4-4FA5-9479-A986EF8F1222.jpeg

Personally, I could buy an older Keaton as a still active Batman. For a 60 something year old man, Keaton still looks pretty good and with a little gym time he could still be quite convincing as being still in fit and in top shape, if a bit slower.
I could buy it as well -- to the extent that I bought it in the first place. I mean, I was initially puzzled over the casting choice back in the day, but after seeing the movie it hit me that it was brilliant for the story being presented. The idea, at least as I interpreted it, is that Bruce Wayne is crazy to do what he does, and having the rather nondescript Keaton play the role, rather than someone who looks obviously like an "Olympic-level athlete" (as the old DC Who's Who comics often described these characters), just helps to drive that point home. In reality, no matter what kind of crazy-level fit, limber and athletic Bruce Wayne might be, how long would he really last against the foes he faces, doing the things he is depicted as doing? It would only begin to make sense if his suit were something similar to Tony Stark's Iron Man suits.

SSB

Another thing that intrigued me was the state of the costume. I can't tell if it's supposed to look dusty or if that's the texture of the suit.

Knowing that there'll be multiple Batmen in this film, I'm wondering if there's someone going through the different Earths taking out the World's Greatest Detective in each one.

Kilmer, Clooney, O'Donnell, Bale AND Nicohlas Cage as Superman in Keatons DCU. Oh lawd let this happen!

Isn't Kilmer unable to act as a result of his battle with throat cancer?

So crazy how I'm immediately seeing the Bruce Wayne in him again.

I’m so pumped to find out what happened since Batman Returns. Did he have anymore adventures with Catwoman? Was there ever a Robin sidekick? What kind of new Villains did Batman encounter? Granted the movies did continue but not with this Bruce.

I hope this isn't a poor story line. There are so many great things that can be done with this concept. I'm hoping for the best and very much looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back