Michael Jackson Thriller Jacket

Dapuma

Does anyone know a good spot to get a MJ coat - I am trying to help my friend find one for halloween and he doenst have time to "get one made" from scratch but wants to get the best already made or something that could arrive by halloween - he will be in MI so it will be cold there so look in important if it is a bit thicker than is fine

I saw some stuff on ebay but alot of it looked cheap, does anyone know a reputable vendor that produces a solid product

Are you talking about the red and gold letterman's jacket he wears as a werewolf in the movie within the music video, or the iconic red and black leather jacket he wears as an audience member for the film?

Last edited:
I actually got one from a regular Halloween store (like SPIRIT or something) that is surprisingly good! It's cheap, yes and not thick, but looks good. Otherwise I think the next best place is eBay. There are definitely a lot of options there.

Happy to see some MJ costuming on here!! I thought I was the only one and no one cared!

the red and black leather jacket is the one my friend is looking for

i saw a bunch of stuff on ebay - and was hoping someone had experience with one of the makers of the jacket - not sure if it is better going cheap or spending a bit more (some of the upper prices were 80-150) but the sizing had more options

i was assuming that would be better quality...but not sure if it is worth the money

the red and black leather jacket is the one my friend is looking for

i saw a bunch of stuff on ebay - and was hoping someone had experience with one of the makers of the jacket - not sure if it is better going cheap or spending a bit more (some of the upper prices were 80-150) but the sizing had more options

i was assuming that would be better quality...but not sure if it is worth the money

Noobies always have a hard time with this, so let me see if I can make it clear...

80-100 is what you expect to pay for a cheap halloween jacket this close to halloween. A REAL leather jacket that was the quality of the one Mike wore would be probably $1,500 or MORE.

I would go with the cheapie. Unless he is an impersonator and is going to use the jacket to make money... or if he is a collector that has already commisioned a head sculpt.

I'm guessing, your relatively young, wanting to go to some halloween partys...

Again, go with the cheapie.

There aren't any well made cheap leather jackets.

Or guitars.

Or cars.

You want quality? Then it is gonna cost you. :sleep

should have been more specific

will paying 150 v 50 make a big difference here?

i was not under the false impression there was going to be a high quality replica - but someone had to have some experience here with some of the usual vendors on ebay and wanted to get the most bang for the buck for my friend so to speak

i saw some for 30 some for 50-55 another for 80 and one for 150

Wasnt sure if there was a known ebayer who makes a decent product for that price range that will fit the bill

sounds like the answer is try your luck

Another thing you want to ask your friend is whether he wants a new looking one, or the distressed and tattered "zombie" version.

You're not going to want to pay the high end prices if he's just going to make it look rotted and grave-worn.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back