MiB neurilizer replica

I made one years ago unfortunately it was stolen... Long story... Anyway... I used a tube from a old aluminium pool skimmer and flash mechanism from a disposable camera.

I too would like a neuralyzer, without the £350.00 price tag from Factory Entertainment.
Hopefully members will post loads of tips for parts to use.
or maybe somebody knows if any 'real-world' components were used in the prop originally?

Last edited:
Being that it was a custom machined prop, there's not real cheap way to make an accurate one. Over the years I've seen where people have said they made them out of toilet paper roll holders, but have never actually seen pics of a fan made one. Really, I think your best bet would be either to pony up the $350 for the replica or modify one of the existing toys that have been made.

There have been several fan made replicas including SD Studios and Coyle, but they are no longer being made.

The FE version is a great replica though.

Sean

If you want a nice plastic replica that is extremely accurate you can go the 3D printing route. If you want a very accurate metal one, there is not a cheap route. If you have parts custom machined it's going to cost a lot more than Factory Entertainment!! I deal with having prototype machining done at work all the time and low volume metal work (even in aluminum) is very expensive. The only reason Factory Entertainments version is that price is because they are getting a volume discount.

There are many "good enough" low cost options, but screen accuracy costs a lot when dealing with a custom metal prop. Whatever you decide, good luck!

The first MIB Neuralizer has always been one of my favorite props. Glad to see there's still someone interested in it! There is however two variations of it though, the standard and the Hero / oversized version, which was used for close ups mostly.

The neuralizers Rick Gamez made for the film were almost completely custom fabricated. I do have these two photos of one of the original standard versions that shows a ruler for size reference, from when ICONS was planning their replica way back when. These are the only photos I've found that show any size reference for any of the original, first film neuralizers.

Best of luck on your project!

new_men%20-%20Icons_zpsvyjnf0gt.jpg

Icons%20Neuralyzer%202_zpsm7pkkqok.jpg

-Carson

Thank you deadbolt so much for these measurements as they where exactly what i was looking for. I am so glad to see that there are still fans of this amazing prop.

The original is so beautiful. I am still holding out hope that someone will replicate it one day with the digital year readout.

One thing I have considered in the past is to buy another FE and mod it for a first movie version. This would mainly entail replacing the bottom cap, clip, lens and LED.

Heheh i like that build... its a sweet little cheap quick build... But sure could do with a lot of work on the controls... I love how it started off as a travel tooth brush for the cylinder. Its a nice design base part. Just a shame its not accurate to the real prop. But certainly something to play with... deep consideration going there for a future prop

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back