MIB: Agent K's Cellphone and Switchblade

Rusty85

Sr Member
I thought I remembered there being something posted about these but I didn't have any luck finding them if there is. I've read that Kay's switchblade at the beginning of the movie was a Microtech Halo I, but haven't seen anything all that close other than the blade itself. Possibly a modified handle? He also uses a communicator/flip phone throughout the movie but I haven't seen any good closeups of that one. Best shot of it is at the end when he calls Zed to tell them they have the galaxy. Almost looks like a found item that was modified perhaps? Curious if anyone else knows anything about these two props as I've seen very little on either.

huRV_9B4gNlvQhMRULIAXACVhO-iQmC_PO2J_kg9A64.jpg

Those are cool props. I know Heidi Nahser Fink made the handle for the switchblade. She also made the "Galaxy On Orion's Belt" for MiB, and the "ArcNet" for MiB 3. She also made Jeebs giant gold necklace for MiB 2. She's a jeweler located in Marin County, LA and is super nice. She's made stuff for a ton of movies. I think you can still contact her on her website at www.heidimetaldesign.com.

Not sure about the phone, although I think I was fortunate to take a bunch of pics of it a few years back. I'll try to find them and post them here. :)

Thanks for the info, I'll try and reach out to her! Hopefully you're able to locate pics of the phone, I'm planning to put together the rest of these in addition to my MIB weapons collection to use for a fan-film. I appreciate it!

I remember K's phone being so tiny i barely registered it.

Echoing the above comments, Heidi did make the knife handle and at one point offered them for sale. She's extremely nice and friendly to talk to. Bought Orion's belt from her and it was a great experience.

I remember K's phone being so tiny i barely registered it.

Echoing the above comments, Heidi did make the knife handle and at one point offered them for sale. She's extremely nice and friendly to talk to. Bought Orion's belt from her and it was a great experience.
Heidi is amazing to talk to. I bought the Galaxy too! That's awesome you have one. Her work is stunning. I wonder if she'd be open to doing a run of knife handles. She told me they were made of sterling silver. If we could locate the knife, if would be an incredible prop to have! :)

Heidi is amazing to talk to. I bought the Galaxy too! That's awesome you have one. Her work is stunning. I wonder if she'd be open to doing a run of knife handles. She told me they were made of sterling silver. If we could locate the knife, if would be an incredible prop to have! :)
I second this! I had no idea they were even available, I would have grabbed one in a heartbeat. I wonder if they swapped the blade out, because the one on the prop she shows in the video looks different than the one in the film.

I second this! I had no idea they were even available, I would have grabbed one in a heartbeat. I wonder if they swapped the blade out, because the one on the prop she shows in the video looks different than the one in the film.
That's a good question. I did some research a few years ago on the knife and through some contacts found the exact knife they used. It was out of production, but the newest version of the knife by the same company looked identical. I have a bunch of pics on a portable drive somewhere. I'll look for them. Heidi made the handle to fit over the original handle if I remember correctly. :)

How much does she charge for the Galaxy?
I bought it several years ago from her. At the time she was charging $250.00. Not bad for an identical prop made from the original jeweler. Not sure what she would charge now, or even if she's still willing to make them. Contact her on her website email. She was always gracious and responded within a day or two. :)

Would love to know what the original knife was when you find out. Trying to put together as many props as I can for the fan-film later next year. I don't see the Spectral Analyzer happening as nobody has made a replica that I know of but virtually most every other weapon/gadget will be in there in some capacity or another.

A fan film sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it! I'll go hunting on my drives and find it. I have thousands of MiB prop pics, and I know it's in there somewhere. I really liked the Spectral Analyzer. I have some good pics of it as well. I have a friend who worked on the original MiB and he told me the Spectral Analyzer is the only prop in the movie Barry Sonnenfeld HATED! He said he was so upset with the prop he was angry while filming the entire scene. Lol. I want one, though. It's really cool in my opinion. :)

Wow! I wonder what it is he didn't like about it? Can't wait to check out your pics! I have a bunch saved as well but there's very little on the Deatomizer and the aforementioned props. Always love to check out pictures of the weapons, though, if you've got any rare pictures from behind the scenes.

Everyone stoked for the Factory Entertainment MiB 1 hero neuralyzer?
I was just checking out the photos of the one from CC a little earlier today. Absolutely psyched to finally get the digital display and the red light. Second version was cool but I always liked the original best myself. We thinking end of next year or closer to spring? I’m on the hunt for the Elite J2 at the moment

I was just checking out the photos of the one from CC a little earlier today. Absolutely psyched to finally get the digital display and the red light. Second version was cool but I always liked the original best myself. We thinking end of next year or closer to spring? I’m on the hunt for the Elite J2 at the moment
CC display says 2023, so probably late 2023. I don't have high hopes of getting it any time soon.

Good luck grabbing the Elite J2. I will warn, the elite has this protective "film" and it flakes off super easily. It can look really bad really quickly.

CC display says 2023, so probably late 2023. I don't have high hopes of getting it any time soon.

Good luck grabbing the Elite J2. I will warn, the elite has this protective "film" and it flakes off super easily. It can look really bad really quickly.
I remember reading about this issue happening with the Elite. Isn’t it just polished aluminum? Aren’t there many machined aluminum props out there that don’t have any tarnishing issues? I feel like I’m missing something with that whole thing lol.

I remember reading about this issue happening with the Elite. Isn’t it just polished aluminum? Aren’t there many machined aluminum props out there that don’t have any tarnishing issues? I feel like I’m missing something with that whole thing lol.
It's cast metal. Some kind of pot metal. So they coated it with a shiny film that comes off super easily. I used to have the elite, but the electronics malfunctioned, so I exchanged for the chrome. They let me keep the elite plaques though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back