MGC remake

wolfsbanestudio

As I posted earlier I was trying to get my hands on real weapons from star wars to start producing aluminum copies with as much functionality as possible. I recently purchased an MGC from a fellow member on here and on in the preplanning stages of starting this venture. I had an idea and was wanting to get the opinions of the group. I can either produce replicas with all the original markings (mauser, waffenfabrik, etc) OR I could star wars it up a bit and have the same words and logos only in Aurebesh. I did a quick work up of the mauser logo "star wars"d up. Love to get some opinions on which route memeber would prefer. Thanks all.
Steve

AUREBESH MAUSER LOGO.jpg

Very interesting question [emoji848]... I think in this case I’d always stay with the original Mauser- or no marking version, though I’m a huge fan of adding little insiders like this... Many people here will be very excited about an 100% MGC replica, but adding new details or change the original design would lead possible interests in controversy about buying it, or your careful made new logos will may be removed, once your costumers hold it in their hands...
I recommend you stay with the original design, easier for you and no one has to worry about the authenticity and originality of your replica!!!

Regards and much luck,

Nostromo

Last edited:
Interesting project!

As someone, who loves to go after the original vintage stuff, I would vote to Star Wars it up a little... ;)
In the end you try to go for the real thing if you’re really into accuracy.

But: If you are doing this, I wouldn’t go any further than changing the text to aurebesh.
+ Keep in mind there isn’t a 100% official version of an aurebesh typeface - all of them are done by fans like us, so this decision could be tricky.
As far as I remember the full ANSI set from 2012 interpolated quite some characters to get a fully usable font. Might be a problem if you’re main goal was accuracy.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back