MGC Mauser import?

Vanitas

Sr Member
Can a non-firing Mauser C96 made by the MGC, Model Gun Company, be legally imported to the Us from the UK? Will there be any problems with overzealous customs guards? What would you recommend t make this transaction work? Thanks.

doubt there would be an issue. its not a gun so its mailed and not imported. importation is a totally different subject. now when the company mails it (if it does not already) they should have it clearly labeled as "replica/toy" etc. if customs has an issue more than likely they would call the sender on the invoice rather than the recipient. either way its a hang up for a few days and then its on its way. it cant got bang = not a gun. there are some people that get really touchy in europe and there can be a hang up. i bought something out of Germany and they called the guy to make sure what it was before they let DHL finally send it state side.

doubt there would be an issue. its not a gun so its mailed and not imported. importation is a totally different subject. now when the company mails it (if it does not already) they should have it clearly labeled as "replica/toy" etc. if customs has an issue more than likely they would call the sender on the invoice rather than the recipient. either way its a hang up for a few days and then its on its way. it cant got bang = not a gun. there are some people that get really touchy in europe and there can be a hang up. i bought something out of Germany and they called the guy to make sure what it was before they let DHL finally send it state side.

I just want to be 100% sure. I know that the UK has some strange gun laws, and I don't want it to be another dead end. I even had one person say that whenever they would import a MGC Mauser, they had the seller chop off the 1st inch of the barrel to show that it was solid. (They were making a DL-44.) I obviously don't want that to happen. Still, thanks for your opinion!

-Alec

Be careful here as it could fall under the "replica imitation firearms" umbrella which would mean that it's illegal buy buy unless you have an exemption. Best place to look would be an airsoft forum as they'll have tonnes of info on this. Try here: VCRA & UKARA FAQ - First and Only Community

From what I can gather though if it looks like a gun and is the same colour as a gun tBe careful here as it could fall under the "replica imitation firearms" umbrella which would mean that it's illegal buy buy unless you have an exemption. Best place to look would be an airsoft forum as they'll have tonnes of info on this. Try here: VCRA & UKARA FAQ - First and Only Community

I've just re-read your original post and I'm and ejit. I thought you were importing to the UK. Sorry.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back