MF DOOM mask help

xxBlackElvisxx

Hello, just wondering if any of you fine folks can tell me what exact headband this mask is using in this picture? I’ve found a couple similar on welding helmets but not exact, trying to get as close to the original as possible. Thanks
D4FB9C4F-C4F7-4039-B2BB-DA8A8C7EDB34.jpeg

joberg

Master Member
No DOOM fans in here or am I posting in the wrong place?
I wouldn't say that...seems to me that this type of "headband" might be from welding face mask, hospital face mask, safety helmet, climbing helmet, or something that the production modified to achieve the look in the pic you've posted:unsure:

xxBlackElvisxx

I wouldn't say that...seems to me that this type of "headband" might be from welding face mask, hospital face mask, safety helmet, climbing helmet, or something that the production modified to achieve the look in the pic you've posted:unsure:
Yeah I’m almost certain it’s from a welding helmet or face shield of some sort. This particular mask was made in the late 90s early 00s. Think I’m going to have to just stumble upon one organically one day at a yard sale one day

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've always loved the rusted mouth mask of his early days.

I just miss the MF'er. RIP Bad Metal Fingers, gone one year already this past Halloween/Doom's Day.

xxBlackElvisxx

This ☝Is the headgear I’m currently using. But I couldn’t find any pictures that had the ratchet adjustment in back. It could be that it’s modified to only fit his head. Or maybe an older model. Much appreciated though

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.