Metro Exodus Hand Crank Charger

Hi all! I am working on a spartan ranger uniform for this years NYCC. One of the things I want to have visible is the famous universal charger from Metro 2033/Last Light/Exodus. Does anyone have the 3d model either for sale or ripped from the game?

Hi all,

After playing the Metro games I was struck by how much i loved the universal charger. To follow up in the slavinators post I really want to build this prop !

View attachment 1014275

So I want to replicate the charger as a mobile power pack with a working hand crank and leds.

I have sourced some parts, but would love to hear from anyone who has worked on this project before !

To get a close approximation of the boot meter I sourced this part,

DC 0-20A Measure Range Round Analog Panel Ammeter Gauge Amperemeter

1. 41jy7oTti7L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Seems to be a reasonably accurate representation of the meter on the charger. The crank itself seems to be modelled on fire extinguisher handles and that's what I am currently trying to source.

If anyone has any ideas on how to build this project do let me know !

I'm testing the fit of the gears and the rack (which doesn't go very far >.>) and it works fine, but is stopped when testing it on the generator.
The fire extinguisher handle is there for reference. I don't wish to upload the <humongous> version on Thingiverse.

Attachments

• IMG_4543.JPG
    IMG_4543.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 588
I'm testing the fit of the gears and the rack (which doesn't go very far >.>) and it works fine, but is stopped when testing it on the generator.
The fire extinguisher handle is there for reference. I don't wish to upload the <humongous> version on Thingiverse.

Harrison those gears look amazing ! Really impressed with how your charger is coming along ! Keep us updated on this !

Forgot to say, stated on my Thingiverse file though.
It's 'AC 0-200V Round Analog Voltmeter Voltage Panel Meter Dia. 66.4mm DH52."

That's what I based the 3d print off of. Should fit the 3-hole Ammeter as well.

For all who inquire, the measurements of the base are written down (at length) in the file.
Only for those who do not have a 3d printer and who are interested.
*Update:
Forgot to minus the bits on the metal base before the battery bank. >.>
*Update #2:
Fixed the Base plate.

Attachments

• Base Measurements v2.jpg
    Base Measurements v2.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
While not as ambitious as Harrison's, my charger is taking shape as well. My printer just dished out the 'motor' (which is a hollow box for a portable usb battery) and I finally got the scale to my liking. Sorry about the quality of the photo.
Dont you just hate it when filament runs out?

Attachments

• 57338707_421658735077732_748386549405581312_n.jpg
    57338707_421658735077732_748386549405581312_n.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 591
Your generator's coming around nicely!

I'm just a stickler for the actual purpose of a part, weather it moves by gears or does a specific function. Woe is me.

Generator2.jpg

The terminals that the leads push in "4X Gold Plated Audio Speaker Terminal 4mm Binding Post Banana Jack Plug B122"
8023CFCECBCFCACDCD9C13CECC333383C6CAD993F5CD.jpg

And the test leads "Universal Replacement Pair Test Lead Cable Probe for Digital Multimeters Testing".

s-l300.jpg

Don't know if the ends are legit b/c Artyom shoves it into a breaker box and charges his generator. Can't for the life of me remember if he's done so in any game other than Exodus.

And this is all the items housed in 2 boxes that are screwed together and under the plate. No metal-on-metal contact. The leads where a little too snug and ripped the plastic that went onto the jack plug.

IMG_4554.JPG

I think i might have to pull a combination of your two designs to make my charger great work guys !

Looking on the forum i noticed the contributor holtt had created a volt driver. While making the Volt Driver (a future project of mine mind you) he pulled images for the brass etching plate on the front of the charger.

decal_sheet_1 (1).png
74308553_1_644x461_prodam-elektromotor-mun-2-odessa.jpg

These would look great as a vinyl decal set over a brass plate similar to Holtt's approach.

Your generator's coming around nicely!

I'm just a stickler for the actual purpose of a part, weather it moves by gears or does a specific function. Woe is me.

View attachment 1014911

The terminals that the leads push in "4X Gold Plated Audio Speaker Terminal 4mm Binding Post Banana Jack Plug B122"
View attachment 1014917

And the test leads "Universal Replacement Pair Test Lead Cable Probe for Digital Multimeters Testing".

View attachment 1014918

Don't know if the ends are legit b/c Artyom shoves it into a breaker box and charges his generator. Can't for the life of me remember if he's done so in any game other than Exodus.

And this is all the items housed in 2 boxes that are screwed together and under the plate. No metal-on-metal contact. The leads where a little too snug and ripped the plastic that went onto the jack plug.

View attachment 1014916

I really like this idea of adding the probe ends to the piece ! For completeness i feel these would be a good addition, on playing through the games i always got the impression they were two lose wires he fed into the power box and wrapped them around the battery nodes to give it a bit of a jump from the charger.

Wouldn't look as cool as probes but might be more accurate ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back