Metallic / Reflective Lenses.

Goonsack Steve

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has done Metallic or Reflective lenses similar to this? Would really help out of you could also show me how you did so, since I plan to do a similar mod to Seahunters P1 mask.

Thanks!
-Emerson

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ohhhh... Shiney!!!

What can you do to keep the lens from fogging up when wearing it?  Is there anything that can be done, or just one of those things you have to deal with?

I have a Master Chief costume wit. A reflective visor and use cooler fans to keep it from fogging up. Not sure how you can do the same here though.

to stop fogging use washing up liquid just rub a bit over the inside if your lense then dry off works a treat with my starwars helmets 

Goonsack Steve said:
And that's it? Never fogs up again or is it like a certain time span? Also what sort of washing liquid do you use.

This is a trick that scuba divers use. It only works for a couple hours, then you have to repeat. The commercial "defog" liquid that divers use is, in reality, just watered-down dishwashing liquid. 

People do thrown in CPU fans or the like into their masks/bios.  so it is possible to get some airflow going.
Thanks Andrew, it's still one of my favorite pieces.  

about as good as any bio.  the eye holes sit a bit a way from my face.  You really don't get good vision with any bio on. but as far as the tint and mesh go, they don't occlude much on their own.

Great suggestions!  Thanks!

@Vader ehl - Are you a member of the 501st?  DarthWill and I have been since the 90's.  Yeah... we old Vets. :D

And yes xdmray... I agree wholeheartedly that the chome bio is fantastic.  It's so pretty I want to eat it. o_O

Never want to be hunted by a Predator wearing something like that though.  I would be very easy prey considering I am very  attracted by and drawn to shiney objects... and LEDs... yes, I like the blinkies. 

Mmmmmmmmm......................... shiney blinkies.............................................................................. Wait......what were we talking about again?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back