Metallic Painting Bios And Armor

This has inspired me. I've ordered some Alclad Chrome & Black Gloss Basecoat & some lacquer cleaner for my airbrush. I'm going to do the blades on my gaunts and the teeth on my alien head shield in chrome.

I'm still going to stick to acrylic airbrush and Games Workshop paints & washes for gauntlets & backpack.

Thanks for the painting tip - really going to enjoy it!

it's what we do here....helping take our work to new levels

it really is a great tutorial, it applies to about 90% of the work done here

I ordered Alclad Black Gloss Basecoat as recommended by their literature. Also got myself special cleaner to remove lacquer afterwards from my airbrush. My Mannowar gauntlets are currently in the post so I am really looking forward to chroming up the blades!

Tease or not... Still very cool for the non Hollywood folk.

I think the fact that the Winston folks have been open and willing to share this sort of information, kinda let's everyone be on the same level and give us all the ability to be good artists. Stan never came across as an elitis, so I think he would approve.

Bring on the knowledge!!..

Damn, I will have to subscribe to that indeed. Thats an awesome vid, thanks for the insight. Love the work and techniques that come from Winston Studio's gives so much inspiration and opens up the lair to new techniques. Will have to keep this one in mind for my revamp on my suit.

Thanks for sharing

Totally Andrew ...Matt and his brother in Law Eric are handling the whole school ..they are doing a tremendous job with the instructionals. They have some very cool things planned. The video shows some great techniques...and many of the courses are actually beneficial for those of us that work in the industry ..they are structuring it like a real school complete with business oriented classes as well..how to budget FX and breakdown a script for FX, etc. great stuff

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back