Metal scratchbuilt barrel vent

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by propmainiac, Feb 28, 2012.

1. propmainiac

propmainiac Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all

Been working on my pulse rifle and Making my own barrel vent. Ive made it from 16 gauge steel. Allmost finished. Even attached a sling mount. Here are some pics Enjoy!

2. propmainiac

Hello again.....
    More work on the barrel vent for my pulse rifle! Just about finished now. Still needs a little more cleanup with a file and some sanding where I have epoxyed the parts together.Once its ready I will drill the hole to mount it to the grenade launcher/ front block. Not sure how I will screw it down with the barrel ring on but Ill work it out. Let me know what you think. Thanks

3. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

Excellent! That is the part that is a bit loose on my new Evike PR.

4. Scandvoice

Scandvoice Active Member

Nice work! ;-) One envious question though - where did you get the blueprints?

5. propmainiac

I found them on Aliens Legacy.com If you go to the search bar ant type 10 hole vent it will be in there. Its a pdf file and the creator of it goes by bug stomper.

6. propmainiac

Hi all
    More pics of the barrel vent now fitted on to my pulse rifle. Drilled out the hole for the screw and will be adding another for a little more support. Held the gun by the sling mount and it is very strong! Wont have to worry about it snapping off. Also shortend up the mag and will just need to add some finish work to the vent. Next up starting the stock. Enjoy!

7. cdrose

cdrose New Member

Hi could you send me the pdf by Bug Stomper?

thanks!

8. L0B0

L0B0 Active Member

Nice job