Metal MK 42 Iron Man Helmet Build

GoldPointProps

hello all for my next build I am making a mk42 iron man helmet out of 18 gauge sheet steel. Today I started on the face plate.

ironman helmet  (2).JPG
ironman helmet  (3).JPG

ironman helmet  (5).JPG

ironman helmet  (6).JPG

ironman helmet  (7).JPG

Last edited:
Re: Making A Metal Iron Man Helmet

Your stormtrooper and Batman builds were absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see this one completed

hello I got the faceplate almost done. I flanged around the eyes and welded all the pieces together. I also started to flange around the inside edge of the mask I just have to finish the flange around the bottom. then the faceplate is complete and I can move on to the rest of the helmet!!

iron man (1).JPG

iron man (2).JPG

iron man (3).JPG

iron man (4).JPG

iron man (5).JPG

iron man (6).JPG

iron man (7).JPG

iron man (8).JPG

hello. I got the faceplate all finished up. I finished the flange on the back side. I also added the step in on the cheeks. after I finished the faceplate I started to make patterns for the rest of the helmet. I got two pieces made and temporally attached them to the face plate to hold them where the need to be while I build the rest of the helmet.

iron man 5 (1).JPG

iron man 5 (2).JPG

iron man 5 (3).JPG

iron man 5 (4).JPG

iron man 5 (5).JPG

iron man 5 (6).JPG

You know this is a love, hate thread. I love what i am seeing so far, but what am i seeing. An end result, that's it. Which brings me to what i hate about this. Hmmm hate is too strong of a word really, more of what i would really appreciate seeing from this thread. Bigger better pics, show pics of you working the metal. Tools that you are using to create this work of art. Your work space, guess i would just like to see more background stuff. I love this build, but till now it's all but a tease lol...GM

You know this is a love, hate thread. I love what i am seeing so far, but what am i seeing. An end result, that's it. Which brings me to what i hate about this. Hmmm hate is too strong of a word really, more of what i would really appreciate seeing from this thread. Bigger better pics, show pics of you working the metal. Tools that you are using to create this work of art. Your work space, guess i would just like to see more background stuff. I love this build, but till now it's all but a tease lol...GM
glad you enjoy the build. Thanks for the feedback I will post pictures of me working the metal. also I will be posting a video of the whole build once I finish it

English wheel. Now i really hate you lol. Very nice to see. I see two pics just before the english wheel pics. Your hammering the steel, but what is underneath the metal. I have seen sand bags and tree stumps, but i can't exactly make out what you are using to hammer against. Please enlighten me brother. All in all 100% better with these new pics...GM

English wheel. Now i really hate you lol. Very nice to see. I see two pics just before the english wheel pics. Your hammering the steel, but what is underneath the metal. I have seen sand bags and tree stumps, but i can't exactly make out what you are using to hammer against. Please enlighten me brother. All in all 100% better with these new pics...GM
lol.=) the thing I am hammering the metal on is called a shot bag. its filled with lead bird shot. it works in the same way and sandbag would the lead has good give witch makes it perfect for hammering metal on.

Lead eh. At work we use lead rods, about 80lbs each for anodes. My plating tank has about 40 of them. Hmmm maybe i can do some shaving. Thanx for the description...GM

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back