Limited Run Metal Mandalorian Tanto Knife

shadowfoil

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Phoenix Props and I have faithfully recreated the small Tanto knife you see the Mandalorian put into the bin before boarding the shuttle to Tatooine in Season1 Episode 5 of the Book of Boba Fett (26:30m)

This run is limited to approximately 100 units initially unless interest is there for more.

Link for run orders: Mandalorian Tanto Blade @ Phoenix Props
1653500571526.png

Manufactured with Carbon Steel and Aluminum detailing on the handle, multi piece assembly to get the different colors of the prop and material quality we wanted
1653501154371.png

Approximately 110mm long and accurately scaled from the cylinders shown in the same scene. I applied some perspective correction to the image then used JJ Industries' cylinder measurements as a baseline for scaling the other items in the shot shown here:
1653500691395.png

The prop does not come weathered or sharpened. We strongly discourage sharpening and strongly encourage weathering ;)

Just attempted to order through the site, but the shipping to UK was $76. Which is nuts, especially for something this small. Had to cancel I'm afraid.

Just attempted to order through the site, but the shipping to UK was $76. Which is nuts, especially for something this small. Had to cancel I'm afraid.
Let me follow up with Derrek (Phoenix Props) and see if there's a mistake somewhere
It seems the cost is due to using express couriers like UPS/DHL. Derrek said they stopped using USPS internationally because of various issues he's seen over the years with reliability. He's going to check and see about allowing it for this item though.

Also, be sure to check your local laws and regulations on importing knives. I'm not sure if this will get tagged at customs as a knife or not

Ordered mine. The prototype looks very promising. Can't wait to see the final metal production.

Now that we have a better look at the screen used one from Celebration, will any tweaks be made to it? It looks like the orange parts are actually a leather wrapping.

GridArt_20220530_185951884__01.jpg

Ordered mine. The prototype looks very promising. Can't wait to see the final metal production.

Now that we have a better look at the screen used one from Celebration, will any tweaks be made to it? It looks like the orange parts are actually a leather wrapping.

View attachment 1581443
Oh thank you for sharing this! I hadn’t seen it yet but now that I have we are going to go in and tweak some things. First of which is swapping the copper sides for a leather wrap as well as some minor tweaks to the radii and debossed bits where I extrapolated due to lack of detail in the screen grabs.

This looks to be a leather colored paint here but we are going to try for a real leather for our replica

Im not sure if your render is showing openings next to the "leather parts" but there are not openings in the screen used knife that I could see in person.
Yeah there's not holes in the original cuz it's most likely cast resin and painted to look like leather. Getting a good adherence with a sheet of leather against metal would be tricky so we were attempting to go for what we think they intended by the look with a wrap of leather around the metal, to facilitate the wrap we cut lengthwise holes on each side and the leather will be wrapped around the outer bar to achieve the segmented leather look in the prop with actual leather

And here it is, our sample is done and I think it looks freaking amazing!

The lighting is different (direct LED vs convention hall ambient), and ours below is still pretty shiny, I'll weather it up to better match.

_nc_ohc=DzeS4T2GIM4AX-T_BRD&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.jpg

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:mad::confused::cautious::sick:(n)(n)(n)(n):devil::rolleyes:

Ordered.

I have been trying so hard to resist this one as I have the amazing resin one offered here a while ago, and I did not think anyone would do it in metal.

The leather finished me off.

It never ends!!!!!!!:eek:

Is there a update on this? The website says "Production delivery and customer shipping in July 2022" even thought its is now the 22nd of August.

getting a bit worried about the with the lack of updates since we are past the due date.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back