Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CrossfireProps

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all! Wanted to share my recently completed Run of Metal Loki Daggers!

I started on these in May, a month before the show released. At this time references were very limited, but I got to work with 3DTechDesign, a freelance 3D modeler that I've worked with a few times.

We worked to modify an existing model of his based on Loki's daggers from Infinity War, which are the same daggers that appear in the show. In June, I resin printed the first prototype. While the most accurate model at the time, I wasn't yet satisfied and waited as the show released and we got more references.

Proto1.jpg

Ultimately a display at Avengers Campus gave us the perfect look at the screen used props. A few days later we had refined the model and I again resin printed what would be the final prototype.
Proto2.jpg

Once the prototype was complete I sent the 3D model off to a machining company and had a limited batch of 100 made from aluminum. The daggers are made of 3 parts, separated by color and assembled with 3 steel reinforcement rods in the center. After a couple months of production, I'm super proud to reveal the final product:

Loki Daggers 1.jpg

Loki Daggers 2.jpg
Loki Daggers 3.jpg

Loki Daggers 4.jpg

Loki Daggers 5.jpg

Loki Daggers Dimensions.jpg

Loki Daggers Pouch.jpg

I started making props in 2017 as a Junior in high school with a single 3D Printer, and if you told me in 4 years at 20 I would be making metal Loki Daggers I would've said you're crazy. I hope you all enjoyed seeing a little bit of the process, and I hope you like the final result as much as I do!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.