Done / Completed Metal fifth element ZF-1 upgrade kit for Jake's kit

eethan, please put me down for a set as well, if there are any left!

More is better!!!!!!!!!! I have lost count of the numbers. Yahoo (y) :D :love: :eek: :p o_O

Although this also means this over talented bum and his amazing Mrs. will make more stuff to delay my retirement.

eethan, please put me down for a set as well, if there are any left!
No worries Jazar! thanks a lot for your interest :)

Jamesfett, you are crazy! in a good way of course :) that is 15 persons now :) and I'm working on 18 kits, hopefully that will be enough!

I'm a bit delayed because life and work are super crazy at the moment, but I'm moving forward on EVERYTHING for sure :) I crossed some items on my list this week and happy about that. I will post updates here as soon as I have some.
The only real issue for that run is that I'm waiting on the delivery of the new Milling machine, so that will delay half of the parts as long as I don't have it. the good thing is, when I get it, all of the lathing work will be done and I'll be able to be 100% on the mill to finish the run :)
cheers all

Yeah, I am that likable (hopefully) crazy guy. As much as I would like to be Braveheart, I would be Steven of Ireland.

1642704979633.png

Hey there,
sorry for the lack of updates this week, I'm still super busy and we had more Dunkeys issues to deal with! but everything is still moving forward :)

I finally received the main Clippard parts! international shipping is really slow at the moment and I'm glad I finally have them. I lost two packages already since the beginning of the year...
look at that vintage goodness!
DSC03871.JPG

after some respectfull toothpaste and toothbrush cleaning and assembled with the other clippard part:
DSC03873.JPG

and a mockup with the WIP flametrower:
DSC03875.JPG

Today, I did the Yellow button bases as well, small part but still quite involved to do as I have to do them one by one and not in a run like fashion with each steps done on each part
DSC03881.JPG

cheers :)

Hey guys,

I started the serious business today, the flash light turned tips!
here is a photo with OP 1 and 2 on the back of the short version:
DSC03893.JPG

those 2 items are probably the most complex and time consuming items in the list. that will be a good thing when they are finished :)

and since it's been a long time, here is a photo of the current situation of the run :
DSC03894.JPG

it's about 45% done. still quite a bit of work to do!

I contacted my new milling machine seller today and had a bit of an (expected I guess) bad news as they delayed again the delivery and said that they should receive it mid February and ship it immediately... I'm really bummed about that because I ordered it already a month ago, it was supposed to be in stock but it wasn't and now it gets delayed again... I really hope they will manage to ship it mid february now!

so, because of what is left to do + the mill delay, It would be more realistic to expect the release date of the run to be around mid March I guess. I hope you guys understand and will stay with me on this :)
cheers

Looks great!

It is better to take a bit more time and produce a quality product than to rush and a produce questionable product.

I contacted my new milling machine seller today and had a bit of an (expected I guess) bad news as they delayed again the delivery and said that they should receive it mid February and ship it immediately... I'm really bummed about that because I ordered it already a month ago, it was supposed to be in stock but it wasn't and now it gets delayed again... I really hope they will manage to ship it mid february now!
Classic! "Yes we have it in stock, ready to ship as soon as we recieve your payment. Sorry, we lied, but now we have your money, so you **** you and wait" That reminds me some of the kit makers on this forum.

Hey there :)

thank you ahoudini, glad you like the updates :) that's the only way I work! I love to share the progress and am very communicative about my work :)

ok, I think this is the first real milestone today and a pretty nice update :)
I finished all the short flashlight turned tips and they look awesome! I'm super happy about the result, they are much better than my first prototype and are following the plans perfectly so they will be pretty accurate since the plans were 3D matched to the references :)
3D_torches01.jpg

3D_torches02.jpg

here we go!
DSC03895.JPG

DSC03896.JPG

DSC03898.JPG

I hope you guys will like it! and back at it tomorow for more cool stuff!
cheers

I was seeing some of your work on the other thread on color so I thought this was a good time to mention. My ZF1 is new so I want all the parts to look new. The Hero looked like it had used parts but I want mine shiny and new.

Thanks

The interior aluminum supports, which have a black, mottled look over the aluminum, I think were not left straight, clean aluminum because that interior support would just get lost with all the other aluminum. My guess is they added that black, mottled-ness to give the ZF1's appearance some depth.
Because Zorg takes one directly from the crates, right? So it should be brand-spankin' new. Yet it still looks used. So, real-world it doesn't make sense that the ZF1s are worn and all. So like I said, I'm guessing all the wear and weathering were done just so it has that visual depth. Again just a theory.

So many ZF1 bits!!!

View attachment 1543362

Keep up the great work Eethan, your turning is spotless! What cutters do you use?
ahah, so many parts for you too! crazy!

I'm using special tips for aluminium, polished and with a large curvature, especially the CCGT type. but on top of that, I go very slowly, very carefully, with very little depth for the final passes, you guys would go crazy if you saw how carefull I go for each step ahah
like so:
DSC03777.JPG

cheers

are you sure you are not missing the best ever hand made welded brass fifth element temple key by my wife Wonder Knight? :lol: One of my proudest object in my collection!, seriously!

Mine just arrived today and it looks wonderful! Packaging it top notch and I love the sandstone display. Thank your wife for offering such a great prop reproduction.

Mine just arrived today and it looks wonderful! Packaging it top notch and I love the sandstone display. Thank your wife for offering such a great prop reproduction.
oh, awesome! oh man, the shipping is so slow at the moment, it's scary!
we are super glad that you like it. You got the last one so far, I hope my wife will have time to remake a bit of stock :)
don't hesitate to post a picture of your display here or on her thread :)
cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back