Done / Completed Metal fifth element ZF-1 upgrade kit for Jake's kit

Looks awesome! These are the Butane Torch Holder Tube (#7), yes?
Are the big cylinders up front for the Ice Cube Nozzle (#3)? I can see why you'd want to recycle/reuse the shavings, as there must be a lot of cutaway. Maybe check with your aluminum supplier to see if they know how to recycle it?
Looking forward to seeing what the finished Flame Thrower Body (#11) looks like when you're finished with the "divits" (or whatever you call the cutouts). How will the Flame Tip attach to the Flame Thrower Body? The tip seems like an easy piece to knock off if it's only sitting on top with just glued/epoxied. It looks like you have some hole on top, so hopefully the tip inserts a bit to add support.
Nice work so far! :)

Looks awesome! These are the Butane Torch Holder Tube (#7), yes?
Are the big cylinders up front for the Ice Cube Nozzle (#3)? I can see why you'd want to recycle/reuse the shavings, as there must be a lot of cutaway. Maybe check with your aluminum supplier to see if they know how to recycle it?
Looking forward to seeing what the finished Flame Thrower Body (#11) looks like when you're finished with the "divits" (or whatever you call the cutouts). How will the Flame Tip attach to the Flame Thrower Body? The tip seems like an easy piece to knock off if it's only sitting on top with just glued/epoxied. It looks like you have some hole on top, so hopefully the tip inserts a bit to add support.
Nice work so far! :)
Hey,
all correct! :)

the big cilinders up front are for the large front part of the ice cube nozzle, they will be done in 3 parts to save a lot of wasted aluminium and gain some turning time.
the flame thrower body will now be waiting for the Mill to arrive to cut the 4 divots in the front. and the flame tip will be pressed fit inside the holes that you see indeed :)
cheers

speaking of ice cube system, I did 7 of the large tappered tips for those, I'm waiting for another aluminium shipment to get to 15 of each part (I think)

step 1:
DSC03838.JPG

setp 2:
DSC03839.JPG

and step 3 with a better photo than yesterday of the whole run so far:
(as said above, I started on the run with the aluminium I had on hand and am waiting for an extra shipment to bring the run to around 15 kits I think.)
DSC03840.JPG

cheers

thank you so much to the last people showing interest :) that is 12 now and I'm probably going to be doing a bit over 15 kits now.
the good news is they will now be under 380€, but I'll not put a final final price just yet to be safe :)

Hey there,
today was a bit busy as I received both big orders I was waiting for, lots of tools, some real parts and a lot of new aluminium stock!

so amongst all that was this:
DSC03841.JPG

I would love to know what the seller thought when he received that order as I pretty much cleaned him of his spare part stock and it must not be everyday that someone buys that article from him as he his a tool seller :)

and here is where we are, I started catching back on the numbers of each part now that I have all the aluminium:
DSC03842.JPG

I know it's mostly still just a bunch of tubes basically but it's starting to look like a cool run nonetheless and I hope I can show some more interesting things soon enough :)

I'm still a bit confused with the numbers, this morning I was thinking to do 15 or 16 kits, but I started cutting 18 of some parts as I don't want to not have enough kits for everyone... not easy to do an upgrade kit run based on someone else's work that is still in progress too! but it's a cool project so I'm excited!
I was thinking I might do some extra parts for sale separately, or different stages of kits since I don't have enough real parts or even of the large disks for the rocket rings (in the back here). We will see as things progress :)
cheers

Wow this is awesome!Good work!
Whats the price for a full kit?And do you have a link to your wifes site for the Key?

Wow this is awesome!Good work!
Whats the price for a full kit?And do you have a link to your wifes site for the Key?
thank you Kroenen77, much appreciated :)
detail of what is included in the kits and price is all detailed on page 1, price will be between 350€ and 380€, but since there was quite a bit of interest in the end, definitely under 380€ :)

the project run for my wife's key can be found here:

her website is here:

she is sold out of "as new" keys though and just has a couple weathered key available. don't get me wrong, the weathered keys are really awesome and I would have a really hard time picking between weathered and clean if I had to choose!
cheers

thank you Kroenen77, much appreciated :)
detail of what is included in the kits and price is all detailed on page 1, price will be between 350€ and 380€, but since there was quite a bit of interest in the end, definitely under 380€ :)

the project run for my wife's key can be found here:

her website is here:

she is sold out of "as new" keys though and just has a couple weathered key available. don't get me wrong, the weathered keys are really awesome and I would have a really hard time picking between weathered and clean if I had to choose!
cheers
Thanks a lot eethan! :D (y)

thank you for the kind support for my wife's objets, really appreciate it! she's doing a great job and has been having so much difficulties starting her small business, she appreciates all the help she can get :)

and thank you to the last person on the list, ahoudini! :)
cheers guys

Hey there,
pretty happy with my work today! as I said in my WIP thread a while ago, the large rocket vent rings are pretty hard to do, they are a big part, need to be emptied and it's a bit of a challenge with my rather medium sized lathe.
However, as I hoped, it became better with time and experience on the part, after a few I managed to drop the time quite a bit!
Also, as always with my "let's be as eco friendly as possible" way of doing things, I decided that the only way to do that part was to actually "cut" the disk in the center, not remove all of the material. that way, I get a smaller disk that I can actually use to do Star Wars dome lights! quite a bit of waste avoided that way :)

DSC03857.JPG

quite a bit of work left to do, but I did a bit more than half of them and this is the hardest step for those parts, the rest is pretty straight forward :)
cheers guys!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back