Metal Face

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Just wanted to show everyone what I did with a combination of the Smooth-on product, my son and my AMT metal.
I made a mold of my sons face with the Smooth-on Body Double product. Dries really quick, Then I poured the AMT aluminum into the mold and this is what I came out with. The nose got a bit messed up on the tip as the mold was not supported comletely.
But at any rate, I think it is awesome. Looks just like him, down to some of his eyebrows that stuck to the mold--OUCH... :confused

I am planning on doing the rest of the family also.

pict18451mr.jpg

pict18483by.jpg

pict18475ii.jpg

The possibilities abound--

HANS SOLO IN CARBONITE MAYBE?????

Appliedmetal

A-M

That's pretty cool. What great cast metal texture. Beats the pants off Chrome-in-a-can.

If the AMT formula is secret, can you reveal the general concept? Can you control the color - bronze, whiter, copper, etc?

airhead

in anchient greece and rome, heroes or brave men would have death masks created in somewhat the same manner, and thier faces were displayed on thier tombstones or grave markers.

that being said, it does look pretty cool. the texture that picked up was pretty amazing.

chris

I've told several of my friends that you could freeze anyone in carbonite by doing lifecastings. My Jar Jar is proof of that. :D

Richard

Originally posted by Sporak@Mar 17 2006, 02:26 AM
Very cool..
What is AMT Metal?
And where can we get it?
[snapback]1207554[/snapback]​

AMT metal is a composite material that is 95% pure metal.

go to AMT for more detailed info and contact me if I can help with anything.

Appliedmetal.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back