Merchandise and props you can buy at Disney’s upcoming Galaxy’s Edge attraction.

Received this little guy and my camtono yesterday!
2E8659CF-3A72-497D-950C-72035D611C4B.jpeg

D3738E0D-4391-4C1F-B8F3-0F8F04F71CFD.jpeg

FD01EE64-AFBA-455D-9AAB-0FE593EC42E8.jpeg

11174A15-998E-45AB-B0D5-501EAC967CE5.jpeg

The Flan are a huge disappointment. They look nothing like the screen used coins. It was an easy pass for me as well as the only set of coins that there were multiples of on the shelves.
We sure the screen-used coins had a design on them?

Attachments

• PXL_20220528_202556182.jpg
    PXL_20220528_202556182.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 181
Dang, I was hoping those might be background casting. I also wonder what else isn’t screen used on display then. Were those part of the Celebration Mando exhibit?

Dang, I was hoping those might be background casting. I also wonder what else isn’t screen used on display then. Were those part of the Celebration Mando exhibit?

Well that's why I was axing who made them? Just because they are not screen used does not mean they are not accurate or that they did not come from the same source. Let's say you mold 20 of them and only 10 get used in production... so 10 are screen used. That doesn't make the other two less accurate. I remember going t the 2001 SDCC and talking to the WETA people at their exhibit. They had al the weapons on display. I asked if they were screen used an they said no but they were made the exact same way to the same specifications and the screen used props.

The screen cap from the first episode had the Calamari symbol on it. These look like something made to ‘have something’ on the table.

I was living in Vegas at the time that the Hilton had the Star Trek theme park. They had a museum there with many ‘screen used’ props on display. I visited frequently and got to know the staff and crew, in time, they began having me repair broken props for them. I found out that their version of ‘screen used’ meant that a picture had been taken of it for marketing purposes, and since it had been seen on the internet…

So, I figure these exhibits are likely all the same.

The screen cap from the first episode had the Calamari symbol on it.

I went back and looked at the screen cap:

Calamari_Flan.png

I gotta be honest, Keeping an open mind, I do not see a raised logo on these coins. I can easily see how such coins on display under the right lighting and the right angle could easily appear on screen like these. Furthermore, if you look at the two coins in which the face is visible, there really is not common clear markings. I believe that what people think are a raised logo is simply the various reflective material embedded in the resin. It might not be completely smooth but I do not think there is a clear defined and reoccurring logo present.

mandocoincs.jpg

This is not the first time people have looked at a prop image and thought what they saw clearly was actually very wrong. It just happens.

I studied the flan coins quite a bit before and while making my various runs, and I could see the lines given off by the cellophane foil inside these giving off the appearance of the symbol we think is on them. From a distance these could be the real thing.

It’s also interesting that the darker blue which I thought as a swirled dye actually looks to also be coming from darker cellophane pieces bend and distorted.

Also interesting that these are clearly not pressure cast, full of bubbles. Might be time for a redo of mine!

What’s the diameter of the GE flan coins? I’d think they at least got the size right.

Last edited:
I went back and looked at the screen cap:

View attachment 1585738

I gotta be honest, Keeping an open mind, I do not see a raised logo on these coins. I can easily see how such coins on display under the right lighting and the right angle could easily appear on screen like these. Furthermore, if you look at the two coins in which the face is visible, there really is not common clear markings. I believe that what people think are a raised logo is simply the various reflective material embedded in the resin. It might not be completely smooth but I do not think there is a clear defined and reoccurring logo present.

View attachment 1585741

This is not the first time people have looked at a prop image and thought what they saw clearly was actually very wrong. It just happens.
Mark this date on your calendars ladies and gentlemen. I was wrong! MJF, I think you nailed it. I believe I’ve been seeing what everyone else had, just because they saw it too.

Have tickets for Fathers day. Hopefully I see some cool stuff. With all these dang shortages of everything, I wont get my hopes up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back