Mephisto possibly joining the MCU

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Rumors are that Sacha Baron Cohen will play Mephisto in the MCU. He might be popping up in Iron Heart.

Sacha Baron Cohen Rumored To Be Playing MEPHISTO In Upcoming MCU Show — Possible SPOILERS

5_5672.jpg

Is there a specific Mephisto storyline that made people just NEED this guy in their flicks?

I know of him, but like a "Harley Quinn" I've never really cared for the character... But when I see a vocal fandom behind a name, I like to check out the "Best of"... see if I can be won over.

Any recommendations?

He's a big part of Ghost Rider's story and GR is one of my favorite heroes, so I guess thats why I'm a little bias.

If you want to dive into the character a bit there is Mephisto: Speak of The Devil trade. Spider-Man One More Day is a really great 4-part is so so good.

Take it with a grain of salt but Nick Cage has supposedly been in talks about reprising his Ghost Rider character. Just talk, talk leads to potential.

He's a big part of Ghost Rider's story and GR is one of my favorite heroes, so I guess thats why I'm a little bias.

If you want to dive into the character a bit there is Mephisto: Speak of The Devil trade. Spider-Man One More Day is a really great 4-part is so so good.

That's handy... already had "One more day" on the list....

It's not a big part of it, but Mephisto plays a minor role in later storylines that involve Dr. Doom and his mother in Hell.

If Sacha is doing this, then it has to be a comedy slant. Unless this is one of
those , " I want to do something more dramatic and get away from comedy", deals. He might be a good dramatic actor underneath. But I don't know how to get this out of my mind.

borat-borat-very-nice.gif

Last edited:
People have been speculating about this for ages. They thought Dr. Strange in No Way Home would be Mephisto. They thought he'd show up in Dr. Strange 2. They thought he'd be in Wandavision (and yet, it was Agatha all along). And still, no Mephisto.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add him at some point, but I'd rather have it be confirmed than rumored before I devote much mental energy to it.

Deadline is even picking up on this, so looks like its all but confirmed.

those , " I want to do something more dramatic and get away from comedy", deals. He might be a good dramatic actor underneath. But I don't know how to get this out of my mind.

He did a miniseries "The Spy" and "The Trial of the Chicago 7" if you want to see his recent dramatic work. They earned him an academy and golden globe nominations.

View attachment 1628385
He's been in quite a few straight roles minor cameos.. but Sweeny Todd springs to mind.. it was slightly tongue in cheek but ultimately lost his head.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back