Men in Black Tri-Barrel Rifle WIP (New Pics 2-23-12)

Rusty85

Sr Member
I just recently got these from a buddy on here. I know that there aren't all that many pictures floating around of them so I thought I'd take some time and post a few. I'll try and get a few better ones a little later but this is the best I could get at the moment. Hope you guys enjoy them and a big thank you to the member who helped me finally get my dream props!

Tri-Barrel20.jpg

Tri-Barrel21.jpg

PulsarBlaster21.jpg

PulsarBlaster22.jpg
PulsarBlaster23.jpg

Last edited:
Re: MIB Pulsar Blaster and Tri-Barrel

Hey rusty!!! really really happy for you bud, very glad you were able to get them. those are def a beautiful sight to see. enjoy them!

Pretty psyched about these things, thanks for the comments!

Last edited:

Well, I hit the Tri-Barrel with some primer to check and see how much work it'll need. Its actually not too bad so I'm going to start doing some sanding tomorrow.

Re: Men in Black Tri-Barre Rifle WIP

I'm wanting to fill this thing was something to make it a little more sturdy. Is there anything that I can do that with that won't weigh it down heavily? I know that foam usually expands and that might demolish it and resin is too heavy. What are my other options?

Re: Men in Black Tri-Barrel Rifle WIP

Is that a hole that I see on the forward pump action slide? Perhaps you can use the hole to put a bit more resin in there and slush it around. You'll get the strength of a thicker resin body without the weight of solid resin.

Where the front of the barrels would be is actually completely open so I could pour anything into it at this point. I think you're right though, resin will probably be the strongest thing.

New pictures! Did a lot of filling and sanding after some coats of primer, getting ready to spray on the next now to smooth some of the seems.

DSC01399.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

Re: Men in Black Tri-Barrel Rifle WIP (New Pics 2-19-12)

Here's where I hope to have it when its done, with all the dials and knobs painted of course. Jim told me where this one was plated so I'm going to go that route in the end.

tri-barrel-3.jpg

very very very cool! it's going to look so sweet when you finish that puppy!!

Great score man. Those are some of the coolest props in movie history IMHO.

Here's the newest batch of photo's, I got some good shots outside finally. Still working on the back of the gun and top of the scope. I've also did some dremeling and work on the mold lines on the clip. The line going up the back of the gun where it was originally able to come apart was too jagged so I just filled it in. The bottom panel was supposed to come off where the clip is to allow to see the inside electronics but on this cast its molded all as one part. I wonder if it'd be possible to remove it to get inside to do some lights without cracking the main body.

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

Can any Dremel experts tell me if I'd be able to chop off the bottom panel on this thing without cracking the main body? It looks as though most of the inside has been coated thickly with resin. You can see the part, its flat with screws on the sides that the clip goes into.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back