Men in Black 3- 2012 Standard Issue (CANCELED)

I didn't think that I would ever hear from these guys again but I just received my "Credit Card Authorization" form for my $100.00 refund from SAT.
Just have to fill it out and John said that they would immediately refund my money.
Sorry that this did not work out for them.

I didn't think that I would ever hear from these guys again but I just received my "Credit Card Authorization" form for my $100.00 refund from SAT.
Just have to fill it out and John said that they would immediately refund my money.
Sorry that this did not work out for them.

That's good to hear!

i obviously am not privy to anything regarding "additional information and understanding" or "more going on than can be posted about on a public forum" or "additional considerations that have to be taken into account."

I am in an incredibly frustrating position of knowing more than I can talk about in detail and I am sure it is frustrating for you guys as well. I am not purposefully withholding anything, but hopefully you can understand, from a business perspective, that SAT wouldn't be very happy with its laundry being aired. What I am trying to do, without saying more than I should is make sure that this isn't blown out of proportion and that the rumor mill doesn't go into overdrive on a situation that already sucks.

what i take into account is that an item was advertised for sale, beautiful pictures shown, people paid, no product delivered, almost no communication over a year's time, and deplorable delay on refund and process by which to get the refund.

and that said, i remain dismayed.

i hope those awaiting refunds get them promptly.

I think we are all very dismayed by this turn of events. I look at studios like Weta who have produced their own pieces as licensed replicas and in theory, I love the idea of the original creators also creating replicas. I was so excited when I learned that SAT was going to be giving this a go because they, quite literally, have been responsible for the vast majority of the iconic props we have seen in movies for the past 20+ years. If this had worked out, it could have been a windfall for collectors like us to be able to get pieces directly from the original creators... but apparently that is not to be. :(

Very happy to hear that some people are finally getting their deposits back. I have multiple fingers crossed that this piece and the others teased will eventually be released...and I really REALLY hope it's FE. They're proving to be an outstanding prop company.

Damn, that's a shame. I'd have liked to see one of these produced. I didn't have the cash to spare on it but would have bought it if I did.

And by the way.. what management did Whovian expect to go to?

And by the way.. what management did Whovian expect to go to?

Maybe it was a bit presumptuous or arrogant on my part, but I would have thought for someone who has been here for over two years, like Whovian was, that it would have been really obvious the brick wall he was hurling himself against last night, but I guess not. He sincerely seemed to think I was a low-level flunky overstepping my mod duties... :(

Whovian said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art.. you thread ban me or take ANY action, I go straight to management.

YOUR last chance.

Art, aren't you management? :lol

One things for sure the popcorn went well with this show. SMH

Not that I can shine much light on this situation BUT.......

People seem to think that filling out a refund form is "fishy." Well (and not to defend, just to clear up) a lot of companies have a security measure built in where after 6 months, stored credit card information is deleted. To add another level to the difficulty, SAT went through EFX for orders. When this happens, the cardholder does need to fill out paperwork, because otherwise the "seller" doesnt know who or "where" to refund the deposit to.

Not sketchy or a stall tactic, just a security measure that on rare occasions bites you in the butt.

Last edited:
The proper thing to do is issue some sort of press release, forum post or automatic refund. Something, anything.

The only thing I can think of is that SAT is being bought out by another company and have been told not to issue refunds unless asked to do so. Or the license is being transferred along with existing orders.

The proper thing to do is issue some sort of press release, forum post or automatic refund. Something, anything.

The only thing I can think of is that SAT is being bought out by another company and have been told not to issue refunds unless asked to do so. Or the license is being transferred along with existing orders.

Agreed on both counts... Hopefully that is the case.

It would have been cool to have the new MIB stuff.

Maybe SAT should get with Factory Ent to move this forward.

Some companies excel in the prop business (SAT). Others excel in the replica prop business (Factory Ent).

I think we are all very dismayed by this turn of events. I was so excited when I learned that SAT was going to be giving this a go because they, quite literally, have been responsible for the vast majority of the iconic props we have seen in movies for the past 20+ years. If this had worked out, it could have been a windfall for collectors like us to be able to get pieces directly from the original creators... but apparently that is not to be. :(

Agreed. I was also excited to see this offered by the very same people that made the originals. Unfortunate. I had similar feelings when prop house announced original TV series TREK props (hand phaser, cage communicator, cage laser) only to see nothing come of it.

Seems more and more that the only rationale way to approach prop replica collecting is to wait until company either has a history of good service and creates a good product or simply wait until the item is actually finished and in a box and ready to ship before you give anybody your money for it.

Well, time to remove this thread from my subscribed threads list. The last week's worth of posts defending this company's indefensible actions are both hilarious and sad. <shakes head and walks away>

I faxed my credit card info a couple of weeks ago for the refund.
I was told that upon receipt they would credit my account immediately.
I have not heard from anyone nor has my account been credited.
They may be a big company, but they are the worst business people that I have ever dealt with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely no communication with the buyers, I am sorry but these guys are total jerks, period...............................................

SAT just credited me my $100.00 back on my charge card.
It's been a long journey but for me it is finally over for me.
I think the most frustrating thing was the lack of communication, which at times was nonexistent.
This will keep me from preordering anything in the future for a long time.

I know this thread hasn't been active in years, but I'm just curious if anyone knows what happened to Studio Art & Technology. I was really hoping to get my hands on the MIB 3 2012 Neuralyzer, I hope some company at least makes these props.

I was pretty excited to get a MIB 3 laser pistol that Tommy Lee or Will used. The design was so very nice. Did anyone else pick up this license or was a fan made version offered here on RPF?

Has anyone tried contacting Studio Art & Technology recently? I know on this thread people have had a difficult time getting ahold of them but that was a few years ago, I wonder what's been going on these past few years with them and if they plan on releasing anything in the future. I'm sure someone down the line will release these props but I don't wanna wait too long.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back