MEN IN BLACK — SERIES 4 DEATOMIZER — FINISHED W/ VIDEO!!!

Rusty85

A bit of work done on the grip and also added a pivot point for the trigger, for some reason there was only one pivot support on one side of the shell so the trigger just flopped around, after looking at reference it looked like Rick had an allen screw on his so i added the same and made a support on the unsupported side.
The front grip sat too low because the sliding mech was too thick so i cut the rails off the slider and epoxied them to the grips to eliminate that part altogether. Made a piece of aluminum to hold the grips together at the bottom and reshaped the front of the grip. Also cut a bit off the top of them to make the grips thinner. I still have to add something to the upper edge to ride in the slot but today im waiting on some bondo, super glue and primer to dry properly. I dont think ill need to thicken the grips now since they look more streamlined anyways. I just did a bunch of filler primer to smooth out the rough 3d print surface they had.

This is what they looked like when i started. No finished pics yet but those should come tomorrow when i get more accomplished. Alot of it looks rough but they are already cleaned up since these pics where taken. Shells are starting to look really good.

NOtsPjO.jpg

QoJNKZy.jpg

6x2X4he.jpg

tygvotM.jpg

do2M7QL.jpg

SSzrNPc.jpg

arejacI.jpg

v9bKRQe.jpg

k44zboQ.jpg

S01G7DC.jpg

Man those shells turned out phenomenal! Your finishing work is something I envy lol. I wondered how you planned to handle that little track that pump handle connects to, glad to see it's working out okay.

Thanks Pat, glad you like them!! I cant wait to make me one now...lol.

OK i lied. A few more pics. Got a little more cleaned up. I have some tape over the riged detail part on the grip, thats why it looks smooth.

duX5zEa.jpg

VlD9HZi.jpg

9duSwX9.jpg

a5GbiaL.jpg

NOtsPjO.jpg

Rusty85

Well she is pretty much ready for paint. I wont say its perfect but as good as this old fool can do...lol. Ill just do a last wet sand just before paint. Also have to do the lights but thats gravy. The small tubes dont have any of the blades or screws in them. Didsome paint tests today. Have to let them dry 24hrs to see what rubs off and what doesn't. I fuggin hate silver paint.

iifJB26.jpg

TOaMFvI.jpg

hw1Geah.jpg

IplSUbv.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back