Megacon 2012 Pictures

BLACKULA727

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all, my friend and I attended our first con and it was awesome. We are both fairly new at the whole costuming scene, but have been been building fairly religiously...lol for the past year and a half. I guess we kind of like it.

Anyways, here are some photos that I found of us at Megacon 2012. I would like to see other peoples pics too, so feel free to post here if you went to Megacon and either took pics or have some of yourself keeping it real...lol. Thanks guys, hope you like them.

I'm the ODST and Hyperbalistik is the Halo Reach MKV.

68bc463e.jpg
5c5fb200.jpg

b5f24ffa.jpg

2ce60bab.jpg

197ebcd1.jpg

4ee0346d.jpg

8a033643.jpg

e29f3d08.jpg

Getting ready for festivities..lol

b2c6f0cb.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Now post your pics too!!

Tony

Last edited:
I was really impressed with these props (I think this was the 501st stuff) really cool stuff:

78dea7f6.jpg

b242d369.jpg

e5e824db.jpg

694a6663.jpg

98a262d6.jpg

fc07eff4.jpg

e261789c.jpg

89581b70.jpg

ace54088.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality pictures. I tried my best. Definitely inspired by a lot of the costumes and props I got to see.

Thanks again!

Tony

I'll get the small amount of pics I took up as soon as I can. They're not in the best quality because I left my T2i at the house on the first day, the second day I was dressed up as MacReady and the third day, there was only a small number of costumes that really stood out to me (most were the typical stuff from recent comic books, video games and movies). But I'll get them up when I can.

Here are some of my pictures from Saturday. I'm not including the ones that are bad or some of the WTF moments that I saw. I can post the full size photos if anybody wants them.

darthcheerleader.jpg

I wish the eyes were not just painted on.
droid1.jpg

These aren't the droids you're looking for.
droids1i.jpg

K9, NO!!!
droids2.jpg

Someone bought all the options.
r2d2h.jpg

This one is naked.
r2d22i.jpg

This is one of our guys. He told me his name but I really suck with names. It was either Jake or Zach. This picture does not do the suit justice. And I liked the girls calling him Mr Stark.
ironmanzz.jpg

Once again, Rick shoots first.
rick1y.jpg

rick2h.jpg

This is another one where the photo does not do the guy justice. The outfit was ok, but he really looked like Chris Hemsworth without the muscles. I have no idea who the other guy is supposed to be.
thor2m.jpg

The local Lego group was there. I didn't even notice some of the stuff until I looked at the pictures when I got home.

On this one they had a small monitor set up as the screen and they were showing Star Wars.
legodrivein2.jpg

I hear the cake is a lie.
legoportal.jpg

I have a few other Lego pictures, but I would have to post them full size to see everything.

And finally some swag (but not free)!
A Blue Sun and old school Cyberman glasses. I have their card if anyone wants to order from them.
glasseslv.jpg

And a print from Christian Slade, the guy who does the Korgi books.
printwl.jpg

Awesome Job! NormanF, I love the pics, sorry I havent posted in a minute, I havent been online, But I look forward to all the pics. I had a blast and met some great people.

Tony

Thanks for the complements on the 501st display. We worked hard to bring everything in and set it up. From the photos above, the IG-88, Zuckuss, Dengar, Ree Yees, LIN droid, and right two jawas were mine. Oh, and the Tatooine building/doorway.

Scott

Yeah, they were contacts and yes she was Beautiful....lol. I saw her saturday and thought...WOW.

I saw Seven of Nine there. The outfit definitely worked for her. I should have asked for a picture. I did see one someone took if you Google "MegaCon".

Thanks for the complements on the 501st display. We worked hard to bring everything in and set it up. From the photos above, the IG-88, Zuckuss, Dengar, Ree Yees, LIN droid, and right two jawas were mine. Oh, and the Tatooine building/doorway.

Scott

That display was awesome. Made me feel like a kid again...lol. I really wish I could have gotten some good pictures though. Mine don't do it justice. Great work my man!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back