Meeting Biff

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So through a friend, I have a chance to meet Tom Wilson tonight after a comedy club show.

I heard he doesn't sign anything BTTF related or even likes to talk about it... Is this true???

I wasn't sure if I should bring something like my Almanac or Biff Wins Again newspaper to try and get him to sign it?

Do you guys know if he is or isn't signing stuff? I wouldn't want to look like an arse by bringing something :lol

I would recommend you NOT bring anything BTTF or talk about it.

Part of his routine is letting people know that he basically wants nothing to do with BTTF.

I would recommend you NOT bring anything BTTF or talk about it.

Part of his routine is letting people know that he basically wants nothing to do with BTTF.

That is what I heard.... But...
I am meeting BIFF :lol

I know I probably won't bring anything but the idea that I have the chance to get a BTTF prop signed by him is still on my mind :lol

Yeah he hates the franchise for some reason. I wonder what he'd do if you brought any of the Wing Commander games he was in to sign.

It's not that he doesn't like the franchise, I think, it's just that he's annoyed that BTTF seems to be the only thing that people recognize him for. If you mention other projects, or his stand-up work (he is quite funny, after all, you'll enjoy the show), you should be fine.

What if I keep calling him Biff, and no matter what he talks about or asks me, I'll act like I didn't hear what he said, and I just keep asking him about Hill Valley... Calvin Kline.... Wrecking his car.... Etc.....

:lol

It's not that he doesn't like the franchise, I think, it's just that he's annoyed that BTTF seems to be the only thing that people recognize him for. If you mention other projects, or his stand-up work (he is quite funny, after all, you'll enjoy the show), you should be fine.

That probably the route I will go. He does have an extensive resume to refer too. Maybe I'll be upfront with him. I'll chat about some of the other stuff he has done... Then just be honest and say that "I know you don't like to discuss or sign BTTF stuff, but I would love for you to sign an item for me". Then have it hidden in my wife's purse. Maybe keeping all conversation away from BTTF until the last second, he might be cool with it.

Only reason I even knew he did standup is he was on Bob and Tom one morning, aside from his voice work on a few cartoons and the Wing Commander games I have no clue what he was in lol.

That probably the route I will go. He does have an extensive resume to refer too. Maybe I'll be upfront with him. I'll chat about some of the other stuff he has done... Then just be honest and say that "I know you don't like to discuss or sign BTTF stuff, but I would love for you to sign an item for me". Then have it hidden in my wife's purse. Maybe keeping all conversation away from BTTF until the last second, he might be cool with it.

Or he might feel used and betrayed. But hey, you'll have given it a shot.

Ok, I am not going to ask him, lol.

I just watched the video and while he is making a joke of it, I think that is his way of getting it out there and letting it be known :lol

I'll just shake his hand and talk about his current work and leave it at that. Maybe just get a snap shot of us together.

I think I will talk art with him:)

Being an artist myself, I think we will have much in common since he is such a renowned artist himself. Disney picked him up as one if their gallery artists after all.

I've met Tom a few times. I've heard he's a jerk to some but he's always been awesome with me! First time I met him I told him that it was awesome to have him as my wingman in Wing Commander 3 and it was all gold from there on in.

He doesn't mind if you mention BTTF, just don't have that as the only thing you talk about (or the first thing). Mention his paintings, his stand up, any other work, then say something along the lines of "I know you must be pestered about it all the time but I'm a BTTF fan too, would you mind signing this?"

He'll do it and probably be nice about it. I think his problem is so many people see him as that one two dimensional character and nothing more. As opposed to feeling betrayed he'll probably appreciate that you made an effort to know something about him.

I've gotten him to sign a couple things, one at a convention and the other item I got him to sign was my boxed unopened copy of WC3, he's pretty cool about it just don't bring up BTTF as your first subject.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back