MCU Spiderman Homecoming build from scratch

I used zippers and velcro to connect all of the pieces.

And now it is time to make adjustments to the mechanical lenses. I will post some updates

Maybe around oct cuz im very busy at the moment. Stay tuned :) thanks for your patience.
Awesome, man! I love how you came at this with fabric and a pattern and came out with an awesome spidey suit!

925a529704ad9df3845f3a2f64c8f7f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys i’m back
I am thinking about a second attempt at the suit. What do you guys think? Any ‘textured’ spandex up for suggestions? I am looking for a slightly thicker and already textured fabric.

Please share your thoughts and ideas. So I can get to work asap :)

I don't know the name of it, but i bought around 3 mm thick spandex for my homecoming suit, the only problem i have with it is that it stretches around twice it's size in one direction, and around 10% in the other, but i made the pattern to work with the spandex, it's really amazing stuff, you can sew it with a normal sewing machine just fine, it's comfy and because of the thickness, anything you wear under the suit won't show as much as the thin spandex, so what (i think) you're searching for is out there, just search 3 mm spandex

1a456156f9824badd58ce540d43dc72b.jpg
64421496e9f5d35b46a1d9d33ebdc06c.jpg
5cebbc8b874b17016c2a4f6668247589.jpg

IT IS ALL DONE!!

I made my own stl file for the back spider as well as the lenses and 3d printed them out then glued on to the suit.

The frame is a prototype for the moving lenses to see if the shapes and all that stuff is accurate.

What do you guys think?

This came out great! Did you use stretch additive in the ink?

Hi guys i’m back
I am thinking about a second attempt at the suit. What do you guys think? Any ‘textured’ spandex up for suggestions? I am looking for a slightly thicker and already textured fabric.

Please share your thoughts and ideas. So I can get to work asap :)

Do a search for "Clear Dot Spandex"
They sell it in a bunch of colors and it has the dot texture on it already. Only thing is it's kinda shiny so idk if theres a way to dull it or not

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back