Interest MCU Spider-Man - Suit Run *Pattern update with photos*

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyominai

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,

So I have been waiting to do this for a while. Now that someone has posted an up close version of Spider-Man's suit texture, I can finally begin a fabric run without getting into too much trouble by utilizing my Captain America fabric.

I had printed the fabric for the Winter Soldier Stealth Suit and even the Civil War suit's textures. So when Judianna Makovsky, the Costume Designer, mentioned that she would use a simple cordura texture, I already knew she was going to recycle the CW suit texture.

My team, which consist of Timey Wimey (patterner), E60flip345 (our 3D modeler), the Amazing Spider Lab (Alessio, our seamstress), TJack (faceshell and lense combo exclusive supplier) have been hard at work to make this run happen. We are currently in the WIP stage but we hope to deliver a suit that brings out the best of the MCU Spidey Suit.

lSkWd4O.jpg

W7Fet1X.jpg

So with that said, I wanted to do a screen printed fabric run of the generic texture

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have a license so I am not able to include the webbing or pattern design. Here are a few photos of the same textures I made for the Captain America Civil War and Stealth suit texture run in collaboration with RG Studios.

0lWQRKc.jpg

2u58kXW.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be changing the color of course to match the fabric texture. In addition to that, an original sewing pattern will be made using Marvelous Designer, and I will be finding a seamstress to sew the suits up.

Example of Program:

bSgoF5h.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This run will progress in tandem with the Captain America run since the textures are exactly the same.

Please let me know if you are interested. The fabric prices will be similar to the Cap run, so the more people who want in on both, the cheaper the rate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabric and Sewn

1) fun4spidey
2) ARovin (FB)
3) MChung (FB)
4) MOlivares (FB)
5) jakelaven
6) Fchew (FB)
7) CMou (FB)
8) YChan (FB)
9) FD'isa (FB)
10) RSchafferman (FB)
11) DanielH23
12) SantinoCasas
13) Hooligan
14) Reserve (wants to remain anonymous)
15) Reserve (wants to remain anonymous)
16) BaneBravo
17) Reserve (wants to remain anonymous)
18) sdasi1
19) yoopees
20) shiftyscarecrow
21) kpspideynuts
22) Enderwigan
23) Jasonpgr
24) Brett Adams
25) Hmmca
26) OliverQueenIND
27) Streeter1981
28) Viety
29) waterspider
30) Jasonsshin
31) Lunaman
32) Robin90JP
33) p0meru
34) masterjedi322
35) MarM
36) ManticsEnt
37) Fiddlesticks
38) Lankoz9415
39) Tanner Ingold
40) Brotsador
41) Shonie115
42) MegaLEGOfilms (depending on price)
43) Zwitterion
Update:

The one and only Amazing SpiderLab (Alessio92) will be sewing the suit together. Here is some of his work:

pZtvCLU.jpg

LuclGez.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: In collaboration with TJack, those who purchase our suit will have the opportunity to purchase a faceshell and lenses combo from him at a special price. The estimated price right now is $80 + shipping but is subject to change.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Have you seen the practical suit yet? Because I have great news. I'm happy to announce that Brad, aka spidey4fun, will be supplying urethane webbing for our Spider-Man suit for those who want a raised webbing option!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Brad will now be focusing on his own CW practical suit with urethane webs. But we will still continue to pursue our own urethane webs as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MCU Spider-Man - Fabric and Suit Run

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I will add you to our list

So I have some exciting updates. First off, we are happy to announce that we will be partnering up with TJack. If you decide to purchase our suit, you will have the opportunity to purchase a TJack MCU kit for a special price. More details to come later

In addition to that, we have printed our sewing patterns onto red fabric

YdxqWDK.jpg

hAVvj40.jpg

k84CB9f.jpg

Just as an FYI, this will not reflect how the final product will look, as this is a dye-sub test just to see if the sewing patterns will line up. Our final product will be using colored four-way stretch spandex with screen printed textures on top, as well as some additional detailing.

Re: MCU Spider-Man - Suit Run *Pattern Testing in Progress + TJack Partnership*

Fantastic! Can't wait to see what it looks like with the screen printed fabric :)

Please put me on the list this looks good
You got it!

Tiny update: I'm working on color combos and pantone comparing. The light blue in the middle is the shade I'll be using for the blue on blue texture

abd910bed4b7387f375f78f37b8b5e2d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused. You said you don't have the license so you won't be including webbing on the pattern, but the pictures of your work in progress have the webbing printed.

I'm a bit confused. You said you don't have the license so you won't be including webbing on the pattern, but the pictures of your work in progress have the webbing printed.

The sewing pattern isn't his, it's by Amazing Spider-Lab. I think his contribution to the group is only the fabric texture without the webs. Loop hole I suppose?

The sewing pattern isn't his, it's by Amazing Spider-Lab. I think his contribution to the group is only the fabric texture without the webs. Loop hole I suppose?

That is correct.

In addition to that, my printed textures will not have any of them. The dye-subbed sewing pattern is there to see how things will sew up, and if things will line up correctly.

During the construction phase however, we will be utilizing sewing techniques to give the illusion of weblines manually. So I can't print the textures, but my fabric can be cut up/sewn up/drawn one etc. to look like recessed webs.

Would it be possible to order just a sewn together mask with a tjack set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back