MCU Elektra

With a bit of digging under my belt, I can't find a thread that focuses strictly on Elektra in this series, and instead I've only found bits in Daredevil threads. Any information on accurately identified items for any of her costumes will be updated here as information is shared, with credit given to the original poster on the thread. If you don't see a costume listed here that she's worn, it's just because I don't have any information on it yet. If I've missed something, feel free to PM me!

RED/BLACK CASUAL SUIT
Elektra1.jpg
  • Black Scuba Bodysuit : UNIDENTIFIED
  • Red Under Shirt/Pull Up Mask Combo : UNIDENTIFIED
    • Current recommendations include, a matte 4 way stretch in a deep red
  • Black Belt : UNIDENTIFIED
  • Black Jeans : IDENTIFIED
  • Gloves : UNIDENTIFIED
  • Sneakers : IDENTIFIED
    • Nike - identified by MClass

Elektra1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, the reason I started this thread is because I'm starting my Elektra build for Dragoncon! Charlie Cox is a planned guest and I am so darn excited that I wanted to get something like this together for when I meet him! So far I have my vest fabric, picked up through Handcock's value fabrics. It's a black brushed knit, with a fleece on one side, but I plan on using the wrong side of it. xD Also the closest pattern I could find, in terms of seam placement / construction was SIMPLICITY 1499. The zipper placement will have to be reworked, but that's pretty simple.

I'm thinking of using a tightly fitted tank top as a pattern for the red undershirt. Still hunting down a good fabric for that...

Attachments

• 5LR65c6.png
    5LR65c6.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 496
Thank you for this! I was surprised no one had started a thread yet. I might try to make a quick version of her casual suit for a small local event in a couple of weeks, but it won't be anywhere close to screen accurate! I'd really like to work on her second suit, but there's just not enough reference pics yet.

There's a bit of info in this article if you haven't already seen it: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/18/daredevil-elektra-costume

you're amazing. adding it now!

Thank you for this! I was surprised no one had started a thread yet. I might try to make a quick version of her casual suit for a small local event in a couple of weeks, but it won't be anywhere close to screen accurate! I'd really like to work on her second suit, but there's just not enough reference pics yet.

There's a bit of info in this article if you haven't already seen it: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/18/daredevil-elektra-costume

Not a problem! I was really surprised to find nothing at all beyond the tidbits in the Daredevil thread. And yeah, her second suit seems to be such a fleeting thing, similar to how they almost immediately switched up Matt's red suit very shortly in to Season 2. Idk if I'll ever personally work on it, but I'd looove to see some more reference pictures. And thank you for the article! That has so much in the way of helpful info. Did not realize her black vest is actually a bodysuit, but now that I think about it, that makes so much sense. Although, they mention a vest as well... how strange.

"...a pair of black moto pants, a one-piece zippered body suit, a sleeveless vest, and red cloth to provide the highlights and the hood covering Elektra’s face."

I wouldn't really call what she has underneath in red a vest? seems a little strange.

I wonder if they're talking about the suit at the end, because she seems to have a protective vest over her bodysuit. It wasn't very clear.

I was thinking about doing a black bodysuit if I can find one so it doesn't ride up like a shirt might.

I wonder if they're talking about the suit at the end, because she seems to have a protective vest over her bodysuit. It wasn't very clear.

I was thinking about doing a black bodysuit if I can find one so it doesn't ride up like a shirt might.

Hm. Maybe. And I'm thinking that makes the most sense now too. Might be a good excuse to finally use Yaya's bodysuit pattern. Even though it's got seams under the bust, that would probably work out more in my favor anyways. And at least it's got the princess seams too. I'm thinking I might need to use that pattern and make it from a cheap stretch fabric and then use that to draft a new pattern. Or I could just alter the vest pattern since I have that too. SIMPLICITY 1499. Shouldn't be terribly difficult to frankenstein both together?

Either one of those patterns looks like it could work, though the Yaya one looks like the princess seams might narrow too much towards the bottom? I wonder if you can remove the under bust seam from the Yaya one without affecting the fit too much. Though I hear that it really helps with the fit (though I've never tried it myself!).

I'm not much of a seamstress (though I'm starting sewing lessons in April, yay!) so I just ordered a black dance bodysuit with a zippered front. The con I want to wear it to is in 2 weeks so this will not be any sort of screen-accurate, lol. I have some red knit fabric already that I can hopefully use to add the details at the arm holes and the front, and make the mask. Depending how it turns out I might look at making a more accurate version later (after I have some more sewing skill to draw on!).

Though it also occurs to me that it's going to be COLD in Ottawa in April so maybe I should see about throwing together the arm wraps too even though she doesn't wear those til the finale.

Yeah, plus the Yaya has back seaming as well that I need to generally not be there. Annoying. I think I'm just going to work with the vest and draft a bottom piece on. With snaps. Because I am not taking everything off to go to the bathroom. xD

And yay sewing lessons! I always think maybe I should go back and learn how to do everything the proper way instead of whatever weird way I've taught myself. Maybe someday. But yeah, a premade body suit should work pretty well until you feel comfortable sewing. I'm thinking for the red underneath, I'm just going to build it as it's own separate top with just slightly longer shoulders (maybe some snaps to hold those in place) and the long neck piece. Just need to find the right fabric. So far I'm considering this one:
14748768.jpg

http://www.joann.com/cosplay-by-yaya-han-4-way-matte-solid-fabric-red/14748768.html#sz=36&start=37

But no clue as to if it's quite dark enough as I haven't seen it in person yet. From the pictures it seems a bit more light than I want it to be. But it's the closest thing I've come across so far.

Yeahhh the bodysuit probably isn't the best idea, but it's a really small con and we're usually only there for a couple of hours at most before we run out of things to see/do, so hopefully that won't be a problem! But I can definitely look into modding it later, or making a better suit.

I've been sort of teaching myself but I am so stuck with pattern reading/altering that I decided it was time to learn properly!

The red fabric I own is probably too bright, but I already own it (and my options at my local store are generally pretty limited, especially for anything with stretch in it) so I might go with what I've got on hand. Though I will probably hit up my local store this week just to see if I happen to get lucky with anything better.

I'm interested in constructing her final suit for my big build of the summer. I've been trolling Instagram pretty religiously and came across this gem today, featuring one of her stunt doubles in the main costume. As usual it looks like there's a lot of unnecessary seams, and the pants appear to be color blocked.

Elektra Reference.jpg

I'm interested in constructing her final suit for my big build of the summer. I've been trolling Instagram pretty religiously and came across this gem today, featuring one of her stunt doubles in the main costume. As usual it looks like there's a lot of unnecessary seams, and the pants appear to be color blocked.

Ooh, awesome pic! I wish they would release more pictures of this outfit!

"...a pair of black moto pants, a one-piece zippered body suit, a sleeveless vest, and red cloth to provide the highlights and the hood covering Elektra’s face."

The way I read this, the sleeveless vest is the red shirt. With additional colour matched material for the facemask and highlights on the gloves. :)

I've also found this for the black bodysuit for my wife's costume I am putting together:
https://www.discountdance.com/mobile/mobileDetail.php?TopCat=LEO&style=368View attachment 610349

Edit: This website will only accept US PayPal accounts.

The link seems to be broken.

I had to order from a Canadian site because I need it for next weekend and couldn't wait for shipping so I picked up this one in black/black: http://www.dancewearonline.ca/dance-apparel/eurotard-44518-adult-zipper-front-leotard/

I haven't quite figured out how to do the red parts yet. I'm starting to suspect that I'll have to do it as a complete separate piece rather than sew it to the bodysuit itself because the bodysuit is really tight-fitting and I don't think I'll be able to get it on and off over my head if I add more fabric to it!

Yay, an Elektra thread! I too am crossing my fingers to cosplay her at Dragon Con since Charlie Cox signed on as a guest (secretly hoping this means either Daredevil or Defenders castmates will join too). I would love to do her finale outfit but her main one may happen instead if I can't shake my friend into giving me some solo cosplay freedom. Worst case, I'll do her finale outfit for Heroes and Villian ATL. Already planning to start fabric hunting (and mega work out regime).

EDIT: Found a side image of her final outfit. Hoping I can find a higher quality one eventually.

elektraref.JPG

Last edited:
I've also found this for the black bodysuit for my wife's costume I am putting together:
http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_368.html?&pid=605&Shop=Brand&SID=856182071

Edit: This website will only accept US PayPal accounts.

Edited to retry link.

xD I actually found the same thing a few days ago and I've had it up on my phone ever since. I think it might be perfect, so I'll probably won't make my own anymore.
Yay, an Elektra thread! I too am crossing my fingers to cosplay her at Dragon Con since Charlie Cox signed on as a guest (secretly hoping this means either Daredevil or Defenders castmates will join too). I would love to do her finale outfit but her main one may happen instead if I can't shake my friend into giving me some solo cosplay freedom. Worst case, I'll do her finale outfit for Heroes and Villian ATL. Already planning to start fabric hunting (and mega work out regime).

EDIT: Found a side image of her final outfit. Hoping I can find a higher quality one eventually.

View attachment 610756

And yeah, I'm working on Elektra and a Yvaine to meet Charlie on hopefully both of his days he'll be there. So excited. It's unfortunately unlikely that Bernthal or Henson will be there, they'll be at a Canadian con the whole weekend, and Charlie will be meeting them up there on Sunday. Actually a little afraid he'll drop out of Dragoncon to join them. But I'm hoping maybe Yung will join him at Dragoncon. Or Ritter. Fingers crossed.

the discountdance link mock turtleneck in black comparing the store pic to the netflix one they look insanely similar to each other so i think the bodysuit is found just gotta find the red under shirt, red cloth and gloves to complete the set but also find a cheaper women's moto pants because spending $100+ thing is a bit much

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back