MC-80 Mon Calamari Cruiser

Cool shot! I'll have to look into Starcraft..
First game came out in 1998, it is a fun RTS type game, if you like those kinds of games.
I scratch built this battlecrusier from it a few years ago.

First game came out in 1998, it is a fun RTS type game, if you like those kinds of games.
I scratch built this battlecrusier from it a few years ago.

Wow, I took a look through your build, that is AWESOME! Well done on the scratchbuild, I'm thinking of a doing a Corellian-style scratchbuild next..

Wow, I took a look through your build, that is AWESOME! Well done on the scratchbuild, I'm thinking of a doing a Corellian-style scratchbuild next..
Thanks. I had always done things like that with cardboard, posterboard and random stuff I found. But members here at the RPF helped encourage me with new things and ways to build.
I wasn't actually sure I would be able to fully build the thing when I first started in 2017.
I am still so glad how it turned out in the end.

I always enjoy a good scratch build and the different ways everyone tackles the issues they run into.

Final update before I (hopefully) begin coating it in gray spray paint this weekend. The current status of the ship is quite the colorful mess..What you see in this picture is a coat of thick acrylic paint (in any color I could find lol). This layer has helped a lot to smooth the surface of the ship and seal in the layer of gluey blue towels. This ship is super solid and hefty, and I'm excited to see the gray spray paint on it to begin detail paint work and panel drawing.
Gqt6r+SORB2oWBz1jqvEUA.jpg

Another update..was finally able to paint it outside. Got the base gray down, will need to fill in some spots with thick gray acrylic.
FF0563C8-5087-4118-B610-A65675F99FCB.jpeg

DC5C5A07-2753-4C3D-A232-F8B661085B96.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a profile shot, the hangar is bit overly accurate but still very pleased with it when compared to a screen shot from Battlefront.

Attachments

• 159B7F9B-A177-4D87-8D88-2997396381C1.jpeg
    159B7F9B-A177-4D87-8D88-2997396381C1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • 208E7375-9BF2-40FC-87AA-E7459F936E1E.jpeg
    208E7375-9BF2-40FC-87AA-E7459F936E1E.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 105
The Vlassic?

The Ackbar

Cloud

Grey Lobster (for the seafood lover in you)

Accutane

McCool Mon Calamari Covid Onmy Own Leviathan
Creative suggestions thanks..kinda like the Ackbar, maybe I’ll call it the Lee-Char for the more nerdy among us

Last edited:
Update with the first colors laid down, going to tone these down significantly but happy with how it is looking. Can't wait to give it several washes and add dozens of small tinted blue windows. I'll include a reference picture of roughly what I am going for color-scheme wise.
fullsizeoutput_2bcf.jpeg
kqJpVQywRLmeU22I45AizA.jpg

I always keep tweaking with something until I get it how I want it even if it takes a while ....at least mostly.
Also the reason why I started paiting a bathroom last November, and after some wrong color issues and mainly, trying to get 2 colors to have a prefectly straight line....now here over 4 months later, I have one more edge to finish.

Added a clear coat and painted the stand, with some added Y-Wings from Mel Minatures for scale..I am calling the MC 80 Cruiser done for now and joined it with the rest of my scratch-built fleet. I titled it "Undying Freedom" and hope to take some more professional pictures in the coming weeks, so look out for those! Thanks for all the support of this build, it was a lot of fun to make something out of nothing.

b8JggFMsTdmq8Gn%%71qSA.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back