Mayor Vaughn's jacket from Jaws?

KansasJack

Does anyone have any ideas where to find this type of vintage fabric with anchors on it? Or, better yet, the jacket itself? Thanks.

1325107726.jpg

One year at DragonCon in Atlanta, there was a JAWS group including the mayor. They took a suit jacket and applied iron-on, anchor-shaped patches to it. I've seen the patches at Wal Mart and Hancock Fabrics.

One year at DragonCon in Atlanta, there was a JAWS group including the mayor. They took a suit jacket and applied iron-on, anchor-shaped patches to it. I've seen the patches at Wal Mart and Hancock Fabrics.

The mayor is a member here - greatgarlando. He can tell you how many anchors he used.

Lynn

Guys, let's be reasonable here. This is not the time or the place to perform some sort of half-assed creation of anchor fabric. And I am NOT going to stand here and see those things ironed on and then see those little anchors fall off all over the dock!!!

:lol

I can't remember if it was the Mad or Cracked parody of Jaws back in the day, but one of them gave the Mayor's jacket little dollar signs all over it. Clever!

Guys, let's be reasonable here. This is not the time or the place to perform some sort of half-assed creation of anchor fabric. And I am NOT going to stand here and see those things ironed on and then see those little anchors fall off all over the dock!!!

Nice! Regarding the type of fabric, I'll add "You yell cotton, everybody says 'Huh? What?' You yell polyester, we've got a panic on our hands on the fourth of July."

Thanks for the input everyone.

I can get the fabric, although it's kind of expensive, anyone know where I could get the jackets made from my custom fabric, that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back