maybe an original Johnnie Walker Blade Runner bottle from 1982?

Megamicrofish

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just found this on the bay, Looks like it says Jack Daniels on the bottle, Cant quite make it out,
Shape is definitely wrong but looks interesting
1647183731449.png

nomad74

Greetings to all
I'm new here as I stumbled on this while searching for the bottle and My guess is, good luck getting one through this blog, am I right?
Thanks again.

MystArt

Greetings to all
I'm new here as I stumbled on this while searching for the bottle and My guess is, good luck getting one through this blog, am I right?
Thanks again.
Hi there nomad, admittedly their availability is rare now hence we tend to spot anything we see in online auctions. There was a run of bottles years ago from molds that are no longer usable (from what I've heard) so anyone wanting to make new bottles will need to make new molds for them too.

nomad74

Hi there nomad, admittedly their availability is rare now hence we tend to spot anything we see in online auctions. There was a run of bottles years ago from molds that are no longer usable (from what I've heard) so anyone wanting to make new bottles will need to make new molds for them too.
Such a shame, few days ago there was one on eBay through England and no one bid on it and I overslept and some lucky guy got it, it also had 4 Cibi glasses and certificate. Also these was a plastic one from Japan but the label had couple of scratches, I reached out to the seller to see if he can work on a price, now the auction has ended without been sold?!
I just hope somebody one day makes a new mold and starts another run for these.

joberg

Master Member
Such a shame, few days ago there was one on eBay through England and no one bid on it and I overslept and some lucky guy got it, it also had 4 Cibi glasses and certificate. Also these was a plastic one from Japan but the label had couple of scratches, I reached out to the seller to see if he can work on a price, now the auction has ended without been sold?!
I just hope somebody one day makes a new mold and starts another run for these.
Well, AFAIK; molds should be U.S.A- made not China-made;) Just to make sure we avoid the problems Mutant-Enemy had in 2008 (as related in the first post). It would be more expensive, of course, but if any challenge arise; your manufacturing company is in your country...if they accept:unsure:!!
And that's the main thing; usually, they will produce in greater quantity, not small runs (too expensive).

userd1402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
there was one on eBay through England and no one bid on it and I overslept and some lucky guy got it,

The bottle in question is one of Joe & Paul's 2008 run. It was being let go by a long-time member here who is down-sizing due to ill health.
I reached out to him when no-one bid on his listing and he let me have the set. They arrived half an hour ago;

2022-03-29 15.07.44.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.