Maurice White, Earth, Wind, and Fire Founder Passes on at 74

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Musical genius Maurice White Passed on Feb. 3 at 74 of complications of Parkinsons .

Absolutely gutted as the band was a major influence in my teen life, as well as musically.

Saw them 3 times in Concert including the legendery one in Baltiomore which was released as The Gratitude Album.

They were not really Concerts but Events.

Dancers, costumes, and magic were all incorporated into the show.

Been playing the Bass all night as well as the Kalimba and will untill Morning.

"We will live together untill the twelth of never"

"We all will live love together as one"

Maurice, my beautiful brother in humanity, thank you so much, I hope to see you on the other side one day

Aw, man :(
Earth, Wind, and Fire are like the soundtrack to my childhood.
Every time I hear "September" I'm transported back to the summer, sitting on the grass in a park, listening to my transistor radio.

Thanks for the memories, Maurice. RIP

This is like the year of famous/great musicians dying isn't it? It's only the first week of February and we've lost how many great artists so far? By my count, we've lost at least 3 singers and one actor; I don't even want to know who's next.

He's now groovin' with my main man in that disco in the sky.
I'll miss you, brother.

RIP. Their music shows up everywhere to this day: American Dad and the Cleveland Show even featured their music quite a bit. Not to mention the music they did for Rock N Rule back in the early 80s.

This saddens me so much. The first LP I ever purchased with my brother was All N All in 1977. Then got into their earlier albums and we were big fans up until I Am when they started to get a little too disco. Everything up until then - especially the albums produced with Charles Stepney were immortal. More than any other band, EW&F was the 70's for me and Maurice White was the face of that band. They were the epitome of love, hope, faith and soul. Rest in peace. We will meet again.

Give me strength when temptation calls
Lift me up when life's battles make me fall
Shelter me from the evils and wrongs
So when you call, dear Lord, I said, "I'll be strong."
Walk with me, when the stormy nights are cold
In your hand lies all control on it
Master then, hey, when your final song is sung
With your mercy, I pray that You'll say, "Well done."

Last edited:
Loved Earth, Wind and Fire. Also, The Brothers Johnson, War and The Ohio Players. "That's skaitn' rink music!"

Musicians like Maurice are like a precious, natural resource. Once gone, that's it. Can't replace them and there's no synthetic equivalent.

-Rylo

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back