Maui's fish hook. Prop idea for someone to make.

Jamesfett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
*******************Warning, this a blatant attempt to get a talented prop maker to build something so I can buy it.**************************

As I mentioned recently in another thread I have more projects than I will ever get to so I can't take this on. I also don't have the talent.

This would be a great prop and easy to do from resin, maybe wood. There are a few foam ones but they are either scaled down, and/or not really accurate carvings. Wood or resin and full size would be awesome.

My wife said Moana is the perfect movie for Daddy's with little girls. We don't have to be ashamed to admit we love it because The Rock is in it. :cool Although before I had kids my two favorite animated movies were Beauty and the Beast and Wall-E. They are in my DVD collection, not the kids'.

Anyway if some talented prop maker was to take this on and do a run I am sure they could make some coin.

Thanks

latest?cb=20161119070308.jpg

We learn by doing.
No real "skills" needed just some basic tools.

Here's a video on making one.
link.

Personally I would go with the resin coating instead of Worbla since it would be less time consuming and cheaper.

"Never do today what you can put off until the day after tomorrow."-Mario Van Peebles

"If your good at something, never do it for free"-The Joker

"Never do what you can get others to do for you"-Me

Seriously though if I ever get the other many projects on my workbench done I will take a swing at this if no one else does a run, but I know some great prop makers are always looking for something new to build.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back