Matty Announces PKE meter re-release July

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a heads up, Matty Collector has announced they will be re-releasing the PKE meter for sale in July. They have raised the price from $ 65 to $ 70. There will be no new features or functions, it is the same package as people have been asking for another release of these. If you did not get them the first time, now will be your chance as well if you were looking at the secondary market, you can now save some money by making the purchase in July.

Last edited:
Lol :lol
This is going to p** off all those who bought a bunch and are holding them for $200+ ransom. Now everyone will buy a bunch for resale purposes and that market will be flooded.

Why do they do such limited runs? Maybe initially to feel the market? They would sell quite a bit more if they kept a running stock because the amount that are on eBay that are being sold at almost 3 times the asking amount at times.

My understanding is the Matty marketing group looks at an extremely conservative business model with limited runs to make sure they make a profit and do not have excessive overstock. In their mindset, it is better to make a limited profit than to take the risk of making more profit with the issue of possibly being caught with extra production that did not sell killing the bottom line profit.

The 12" line of GB figures did not sell well and they were left with some which made them even more cautious. The prop line has sold out quickly and many have complained about it to Matty. They changed the way of ordering with the BTTF hoverboard to see if they could increase production numbers and were pleasantly surprised with the number of orders that came in. Still having an aversion to risk, they did use a pre-paid order system to try to avoid possible cancellation cost.

Matty needs to do a better job of marketing their prop lines as well they need to consider other means of marketing these products as i have a feeling they have no idea how well they would be accepted in a larger marketing scheme. All manufacturers deal with limited resources and in this economy want to avoid any costly mistake, but Matty seems to have no confidence in their products or awareness of the market they are selling in.

I am happy they have opened this back up and hope to pick up a few more PKE meters for the collection here as my kids have gotten into the GB gear quite heavily. it will also be interesting to see how they market it and sell such as the secondary market seems to justify such at this time.

Great news for those that missed the first run! They'd better hold back on the traps though, I have to sell/trade them for more than they charge just to make up the insane customs I paid! Have two extras left... :lol

Where did this news come from? I can't find it on the mattycollector site. I'm super psyched. I'm tired of being late to the game and missing these great props because eBay speculators snap them up.

They had a limit of 10 per customer last time. Its ok to tap out a limit and sell some extras for profit. But, what really gets me is when nutcase scalpers start buying over 60 of them on others credit cards just to dump them on ebay all year for over 3 times the price. Some of those scalpers even had pledge drives on their own websites on the on sale dates begging for free money while they sat in chat rooms bragging about how many PKEs they were going to scalp. This is how non fans act that could care less about real fans and just want to be lazy because they cant handle lifting a grocery bag, let alone find a real job. Scalpers without morals disgust me. That same certain ”group” of thieves even go as far as lying about it being surplus PKEs and just try to lie about their illegal business practices. But I guess they need the money for prostitutes

Where did this news come from? I can't find it on the mattycollector site. I'm super psyched. I'm tired of being late to the game and missing these great props because eBay speculators snap them up.

It was in the Ask Matty section here:

pke meter - Topic

It's not like it wasn't available to preorder for DAYS originally. Not the scalpers fault if you missed out. That's the price to pay for not paying attention.

It's not like it wasn't available to preorder for DAYS originally. Not the scalpers fault if you missed out. That's the price to pay for not paying attention.

i do not recall any pre-order being available for days. Not saying it isn't true.

What I recall was getting on the day pre-orders were opened and waiting 30 minutes to find out if my order for ONE item went thru. I believe others had similar issues, if not worse.

regardless, not paying attention does NOT validate my having to smile as others buy up mass amounts and selling them at 2 to 3 times the price down the road. not sure if it is illegal, but it is deplorable. one or two, i could maybe understand....maybe...but more than 10, well, i think it stinks.

glad to see more may be offered.

There was no pre-orders. There was an official "on-sale" date that was announced a little before. You had to order it after it was officially released, before it was sold out. It was a little tricky.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back