Matty Announces PKE meter re-release July

i do not recall any pre-order being available for days. Not saying it isn't true.

What I recall was getting on the day pre-orders were opened and waiting 30 minutes to find out if my order for ONE item went thru. I believe others had similar issues, if not worse.

regardless, not paying attention does NOT validate my having to smile as others buy up mass amounts and selling them at 2 to 3 times the price down the road. not sure if it is illegal, but it is deplorable. one or two, i could maybe understand....maybe...but more than 10, well, i think it stinks.

glad to see more may be offered.

Yup, sorry, it was available on the Matty website for a few days before they sold out. Some people who hopped in the first minutes it opened had difficulty, but I tried the site an hour or so after it started and got in, made my purchase and was done in minutes. They didn't sell out for a couple of days at least. And it's not illegal, it's perfectly legal and called capitalism. If you don't think it's worth 2 or 3 times the initial asking price, then don't pay for it. Others think it is worth it.

There was no pre-orders. There was an official "on-sale" date that was announced a little before. You had to order it after it was officially released, before it was sold out. It was a little tricky.

I think they announced the for sale date around a month ahead of time.

That the part that I wasn't sure about. A month or so.

As for paying, rarity can make us do stupid things. Especially if it's fake rarity.

They are killing the GB line after Comicon. I believe Dana and one more figure are all that is left to be released. A major disappointment, but not a surprise. The fan base is really (and I mean really) small and doesn't have the purchasing power to sustain a line, though they can't see that. As well, Matty mishandled the line from step one.

There are no plans for re-releasing the traps at this time. It has been noted that it i snot ruled out but there are no solid plans at this time. Matty noted they are very interested to see how the second PKE sale goes.

As for another GB prop, one is in the works but will not be released until next year. It sounds like they did not want a GB prop line sale to conflict with the BTTF hoverboard sale. It may be with bigger ticket items Matty again is playing things conservatively to stagger out the items and not hit collectors all at once.

Matty did note they decided as well that they wanted to add improvements onto the next GB prop and do it correctly.

As for another GB prop, one is in the works but will not be released until next year. It sounds like they did not want a GB prop line sale to conflict with the BTTF hoverboard sale. It may be with bigger ticket items Matty again is playing things conservatively to stagger out the items and not hit collectors all at once.

Matty did note they decided as well that they wanted to add improvements onto the next GB prop and do it correctly.

Interesting. The next obvious item would be Ecto Goggles - I heard they weren't going to do the pack. What is there other than that? Belt Gizmo and Sniffer, although these seem a obscure.

David

PLEASE NOTE: Due to additional required safety warnings, this product is unavailable for shipment to the following countries: blah blah blah, Great Britain.

Bang goes my order then.

SAS

Thanks for the reminder! Saw this thread a while back and got pre-approval from the wife so I could buy as soon as it went live. Now my trap will have a pal to keep him company :)

We got one! I had my girlfriend on standby, waiting for the clock to hit 12:00 (9:00 PT). I wasn't missing this one. Please re-release the trap!!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back