Mattel Pinocchio Marionette

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Flanman

Just wanted to show off my latest pick up and ask a few questions about it. This is a limited edition Pinocchio marionette made by Mattel in 1998. From the limited information I've found out, it retailed for $200 but they didn't sell well. Supposedly disney had them recalled because they did not like the dark wood stain used on Pinocchio's face. Its a really amazing piece it may not be life-sized but I think it is even nicer than the Master Replica's version. Being made from real wood it certainly looks much more authentic to the actual movie than the Master Replica's one. I see this one pop up on eBay from time to time usually between $150-$700. So I wanted to ask if anyone had any more info about this little guy, particularly how many were made/out their in private hands.
IMG_3447.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I believe they made something like 20845 of them in the edition size.
How many survived recall is probably not recorded. I see them pop up all the time and sell from $300-700 from time to time on Amazon...
Well listed at those prices but never followed to see if there are buyers.
The old saying stands true: "it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay you".
I think it is totally worth the money and I would proudly display one in my office.

Flanman

I picked this guy up for $157 and was pretty happy with it, a previous one I had been watching for a month got snatched up when the seller lowered the price. Ive always wanted a replica of pinocchio since I was a little kid and this guy is pretty much perfect. That's a much larger edition size than I thought it would be. Do you know if Mattel has made any other similar disney collectable props? My wife is kinda a disney nut......