Matte gold spray paint?

CAPNMURICAH

Is there such a thing? Even a brass color would work. Anyone know of a matte sealer I can use on normal gold paint like Rust O Leum and not make a brown color? Thanks.

Many times the gold items youll see in film or tv will actually an older brand of Krylon brass metallic over a flat or matte black base. To help with a potential aged tone or flat/matte/gloss finish without killing the metallic look there are various sealers and toners from Mohawk that can be used. Flat oil finish is very good but with gold, a full flat sheen may end up looking like paper if that makes any sense. Its all trial and error.

not sure how big the item is that you would like to have gold but I would use Rub N Buff and not shine it up quite as much.. I have used it for matt finishes and it works incredibly well..

you could try plasti dip metalizer, the stuff comes in all kinds of coolers Gold and Silver, Copper Blue, Green, Red, and Violet, and now Green/Blue Chameleon, and Turquoise/Silver Chameleon. i used the gold on a foam sword build you can see it here on the guard and pommel.
20190314_144545.jpg

Automotive lacquer paint like Dupli-color comes in various shades of gold - it won't be affected by clear coats (though will itself be somewhat satin out of the can).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back